heard it from me first!

Thanked by:
    spencer0279 likes this.

I can't manually pull this yet....?

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    71 Global Posts

Default Re: EP4 OTA Now Rolling Out

I don't think it's rolling out yet. The support site that links to the PDF says "Coming soon".

Okay thanks for the clarification I didn't exactly read the fine print..

:-D

I wonder if the "updated userface" is touchwiz4.0?

I wonder if the updated color scheme means no more brown and yellow. Please please please!!!

Can someone post some screenshots plz

ROM
    Rooted (always changing)

We have no indication of anyone getting the OTA yet.

Hmmmm. Gingerbread? not sure I want it.... on Froyo and able to wifi hotspot with widget and no tracking.... Gingerbread stops that..... gggrrrrrrr Verizon

Global Posts
    1,912 Global Posts

Hoping for big improvement in GPS.

ROM
    Infinity & Pool Party

Apparently Verizon pinged Droid-Life and said OTA would begin rolling out November 29, so Tuesday.
    Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?

Sometimes you go to the circus...........Sometimes the circus comes to you.

Instructions on how to flash ROMs, Kernels, Patches, and Mods through clockworkmod recovery, CWM: DroidXcon's CWM Thread

If you add me on Google+, please list your AC username as a nickname so I know who you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Landshark View Post
    Apparently Verizon pinged Droid-Life and said OTA would begin rolling out November 29, so Tuesday.
    I just went back to AC's front page and reread the article. It says coming "soon". Could a sworn it said today lol

Everything is 'soon' from VZ...the galaxy nexus will be here 'soon' yea right lol

When you own a smartphone...everything is a waiting game. Remember the froyo waiting game we had with the fascinate? That was a long one.

I guess typical human nature is instant gratification and we have to do our best to stiffle that feeling.
    spencer0279 likes this.

This build is supposed to be older than the last leak though. Definitely better than EE4 but their build better fix the screaching and popping that has been on every single GB leak up to this point.

ROM
    Vicious JB V3/ Franco

I'm running the latest leak 2.3.6. Is there any reason why someone would go backwards to the official OTA update? I believe it will be 2.3.5.

ROM
    Infinity & Pool Party

Quote Originally Posted by GMC MaXx View Post
    I'm running the latest leak 2.3.6. Is there any reason why someone would go backwards to the official OTA update? I believe it will be 2.3.5.
    There seem to be a few changes/upgrades in the pdf document that no one has noticed on any of the leaks to this point. Plus Verizon and Samsung are only going to release for OTA the build they believe to be the most stable based on their own testing. It's still personal preference though as to what you want to run on your phone.
    Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?

Instructions on how to flash ROMs, Kernels, Patches, and Mods through clockworkmod recovery, CWM: DroidXcon's CWM Thread

If you add me on Google+, please list your AC username as a nickname so I know who you are.

If it fixes the phone issues, then I will run it Hopefully there will be way to get the best of both.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

to be honest I've noticed some lag on EP4PC that wasn't around on EP3HA - though wifi and the EP4 modems are nice...maybe as someone said we'll get the best of both worlds...and CM7...

sent from my phone. it's smart.

ROM
    Infinity & Pool Party

Quote Originally Posted by Fifty9Dunes View Post
    to be honest I've noticed some lag on EP4PC that wasn't around on EP3HA - though wifi and the EP4 modems are nice...maybe as someone said we'll get the best of both worlds...and CM7...

sent from my phone. it's smart.
    Nope, sorry. This will not help with CM7. Need RIL code for that and the source code released does not include RIL code. At least that's what I've gathered from the people working on CM7 for the Charge.

The first version of Android 2.3 was released on December 6th, 2010. Nothing like waiting a year from the launch to get it on this phone which launched in April of 2011. I can't wait to get my Galaxy Nexus and get rid of my charge for a pure Android phone.

I have never had any problems with GPS on my Droid Charge.

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by digmydroidx View Post
    Hmmmm. Gingerbread? not sure I want it.... on Froyo and able to wifi hotspot with widget and no tracking.... Gingerbread stops that..... gggrrrrrrr Verizon
    Exactly. See for a while, I really wanted gingerbread because it meant Netflix. But now that's solved too, so I don't really need it. Rather have free tethering.
    Last edited by Mrjr; 11-24-2011 at 08:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrjr View Post
    Exactly. See for a while, I really wanted gingerbread because it meant Netflix. But now that's solved too, so I don't really need it. Rather have free tethering.
    A workaround is to use PDANET Tablet or PDANET(for laptops). PDANET tablet is quirky, but if you use the following steps it works great.
    Turn off WIFI
    Start PDANET on phone
    Start PDANET on tablet
    Folow the instructions
    DO NOT USE THE STOCK BROWSER use Dolphin browser

Works great, no need to use USB cable, however it is limited to one connect at a time.

So anyone receive it yet? The pdf didn't say much in the way of a time frame.
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

word from droidlife.com was the 29th...something about verizon "pinging" them...but i mean i can open a cmd prompt and ping anyone i want, so...

ROM
    Infinity & Pool Party

Quote Originally Posted by shobuddy View Post
    So anyone receive it yet? The pdf didn't say much in the way of a time frame.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fifty9Dunes View Post
    word from droidlife.com was the 29th...something about verizon "pinging" them...but i mean i can open a cmd prompt and ping anyone i want, so...
    I have seen no one post about receiving the OTA update, and this is across various forums I keep track of so I can stay informed and thus keep everyone here informed. Everything I have seen points to the OTA not starting to roll out until the 29th. The verizon update page for the Charge indicates the OTA is coming soon. Past practice with verizon has been that the OTA has rolled out pretty much within a week of the OTA being announced on their website. And pinging is just the term droid-life used to say they received a response from verizon to their (I'm sure) numerous inquiries. I think it's a safe bet the OTA will start rolling out on Tuesday, November 29th.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast