EP4 OTA arrived and installed.

Lodingi

Q&A Team
Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
There is an app called Appzorter in the market it will organize all apps with touchwiz. If you don't like touchwiz just install a different launcher like GOLauncher which is very custom you can even install a different lockscreen now.

Thanks. Was exactly what I needed. It amazes me that this basic setting is not included stock.

curley1441

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Me either but i just lurk in the back ground and read posts not around like you are. Thanks for the help Shark as always you do a great job.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

jbomb11

Banned
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I tried this when i moved it and renamed the file to update.zip it changed it to an htm file and wouldn't work any thoughts???

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I tried this when i moved it and renamed the file to update.zip it changed it to an htm file and wouldn't work any thoughts???

Just name it update. Windows hides file extensions and it most likely ended up being named update.zip.zip.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Everyone please pay attention to this post from davey11. It has some good info to let you all know what kind of a timetable we are looking at for the OTA:

Got this from a post on xda:

"OTA (Over The Air) Push / Pull Details DROID Charge (i510) ? MR3 Version EP4 will be pushed Tues 11/29 at noon to 1K customers followed by 19K at 9:00PM Eastern. There will be the ?soak? period to evaluate the push. Upon success, beginning Thurs 12/1 at 11:59PM we will ramp up the daily push quantity to 100K, followed by the remaining base on Fri 12/2. Users will not be able to pull the software. Download times 2?5 minutes ? depending on network conditions."

Looks like the majority will get it later in the week.

Verizon sends out the OTA to a small group first to make sure it is working and there are no problems. Once they are satisfied there are no problems, they will start rolling it out in batches to everyone else. So if everything goes well with the initial test, the roll outs should start Thursday or Friday and continue from there. VZW support also tweeted it may take up to 30 days to get the OTA to everyone. So the major OTA push has not even begun yet.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I don't have it yet either. I hate waiting! Wisconsin.

Itis now 11pm in Sacramento, Ca. I still haven't received my update.

Soooo, no one read my post from above? For the majority of Charge owners the OTA will not even start be pushed out until Midnight Eastern time on Friday 12/2 at the earliest. I guess I should have also mentioned that info came from VZW support.

Last edited:

corty34m

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Up to 30 days to get the push out to everyone?! That royally sucks! Doesn't Verizon just put the file on their website to download and update manually? I am in Cleveland, Ohio and still have not received the OTA. Also, I have seen several people ask what the new color scheme is but no one seems to reply or they reply with a cryptic response like stuff we have seen before. What are the actual colors?

Jhett

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I was lucky enough to get the update. If there is a new color scheme, I cannot find it. The pull down thing (with the on/off buttons for WiFi/bluetooth/ data/etc.) now has a dark gray background with green icons when on, and light gray when off. (I would post a screenshot, but I have no idea how to get that from my phone to my computer. I was hoping for some sort of all encompassing scheme that changed all the menu backgrounds from browns and yellows, but if that is a capability, I have not found it yet. In all, the phone seems to work a bit better; the response times are quicker. But the visual bells and whistles don't seem to have changed very much. Has anyone else been able to find goodies with this update that I haven't?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22