Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default EP4 OTA arrived and installed.

For those interested in the "rolling out" timeline. I'm in CA, and got mine an hour ago. Took about 10 minutes to load.

Default Re: EP4 OTA arrived and installed.

I got my update as well. Also in California. San Jose, specifically. Mine took about a half-hour, but I had to charge the battery some before it would let me start installing. Gotta say, though... Not a huge difference at first glance. I'll have to take a more in-depth look tomorrow.
    Jhett---
    Galaxy Note II <- Droid Charge <- Palm Pre
    Lovin' the Droid life...

East coast, Philadelphia area, received mine at approximately 0615 hrs. Not seeing much of a difference.

Edit- ok I have found the first real difference, before the update, I rarely would be able to listen to my Sirius App abd Surf the net. It would consistently cut out and stop working. I have been in and out of Android Central and listening to Howard Stern flawlessly. Maybe it was just an issue with my phone or maybe it is an actual fix. Either way I am happy.

Also able to scroll full circle when going through apps. No longer have to go back after getting all the way to the left or right.

Edit- Oh, and more Verizon Bloatware, approximately 5 more undeleteable apps...
    Last edited by squane123; 11-30-2011 at 06:16 AM. Reason: Update on update

Got mine didn't see much difference either.

Installing now

Global Posts
    740 Global Posts

5 minutes is turning into 30 plus now that their servers are slowing down with people updating!

I'm only 1/2 way and it's been like 15 minutes! Re-booting now, took about 28 minutes on 3G for me.

Yessss, that amazing free program still works . . . "silent boot" I was worried about that still working after the update.
    Always hated that stupid DROIOOOOOD followed by the breaking glass!

For those that don't know how to check to see if they already have the update alert on their phone I just sent this below to a friend that has a Charge:

To check for the update: press left button>settings>scroll to bottom of list and click on: about
    then> system updates. If you received the update it will say so. If so, click on it. the phone reboots and then installs the update. Says it takes 5=10 minutes. Mine took like 25-30 because so many users are doing it at the same time which makes VZ's servers slow down. Once you start the update ***Don"t turn phone off if the orange bar seems stuck in one spot. It will eventually finish on it's own and then re-boot.
    Last edited by expidia; 11-30-2011 at 07:56 AM.
    Samsung Droid Charge on VZ

Global Posts
    740 Global Posts

I can't believe even after the update that I'm still getting this STUPID email that alerts me that I have a new email and then I have to scroll down to the bottom of the list each time and the email says: Unreadable and it is dated 1969!

I delete it and it comes back again. It was doing this a month ago every day and then it finally went away. Only on my Yahoo account.

I know I've read some fixes like don't use the stock settings account, but we should not have to screw around with it especailly after the update.

Thanks Verizon and Yahoo!
    Samsung Droid Charge on VZ

Installed OTA this morning 11/30/2011 in Columbus, Ohio. Everything's working great. Not a big fan of the new color scheme, though, if you're gonna do brown, stick with it!

Am I the only one who hasn't gotten it yet? What am I doing wrong?

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bafrench View Post

No...I am in ma. And nothing here yet.....patiently waiting....then its root and a wifi tether program. Then will be happy....if I can get obe to work. That's the only thi g I like about froyo is a hotspot widget from the market and itworks...no big red

I haven't gotten it either. Patience.

Global Posts
    100 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shobuddy View Post
    I haven't gotten it either. Patience.
    Not the only one. I have not received either.

Quote Originally Posted by Gdwhel View Post
    Not the only one. I have not received either.
    No update in Spokane yet.

No update in College Park, MD yet.

Quote Originally Posted by vwarnick View Post
    No update in College Park, MD yet.
    Small world, I live in Greenbelt, MD.

Still waiting here in Toledo, OH
    JayHawk9292008 likes this.

Silver Spring myself, work at the university.

ROM
    Infinity & Pool Party

There was a response from vzw on the vzw forums indicating only about 20k updates would be pushed out at first. Then if that went without a hitch, the major push would happen thursday and friday

Sent from the Shark tank using Tapatalk
    Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?

Sometimes you go to the circus...........Sometimes the circus comes to you.

Instructions on how to flash ROMs, Kernels, Patches, and Mods through clockworkmod recovery, CWM: DroidXcon's CWM Thread

If you add me on Google+, please list your AC username as a nickname so I know who you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Landshark View Post
    There was a response from vzw on the vzw forums indicating only about 20k updates would be pushed out at first. Then if that went without a hitch, the major push would happen thursday and friday

Sent from the Shark tank using Tapatalk
    Drat. Why is it the only time my number comes up it's for jury duty?

I didn't get it yet either. I was really irritated when I got off work & no update.
    I finally flashed the 2.3.6 official leak. I'm not feeling particularly patient right now.

Quote Originally Posted by vwarnick View Post
    Silver Spring myself, work at the university.
    I work in Silver Spring.

Quote Originally Posted by shobuddy View Post
    I work in Silver Spring.
    "...John?"

"...Tim?!"
    dubge, Halo and Wanderist like this.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryMasters View Post
    "...John?"

"...Tim?!"

lol
    [Every time a phone gets rooted, an angel gets its wings.]

ROM
    Infinity & Pool Party

Heads up everyone. I've seen two people on different forums report they are receiving notification of the GB OTA even though they were running a custom ROM. One accepted the OTA and soft bricked their phone. Both users were running Gummy GBE 2.1, so I don't know if it is just limited to that ROM. If you are running a custom ROM and receive a notification that the OTA is available on your phone, do not accept the OTA. If you want to get the OTA, ODIN back to fully stock EE4 before accepting the OTA.
    Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?

Sometimes you go to the circus...........Sometimes the circus comes to you.

Instructions on how to flash ROMs, Kernels, Patches, and Mods through clockworkmod recovery, CWM: DroidXcon's CWM Thread

If you add me on Google+, please list your AC username as a nickname so I know who you are.

Does anyone have the file for download? I'm in rochester new york and haven't had a sign of the o t a yet...

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast