Quick question: Does the free hot spot widget work with GB?

Radman

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Yes/No?

I am leery of installing GB and losing the ability to tether wirelessly for free using the app store hot spot widget.

MaxBuck2

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Can't speak to that, but I was previously able to access the HotSpot feature using Elixir, and now I am not. So GB costs me $30 a month, which is not a very good deal.

Last edited:

gathome

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Didn't know these apps exist (sigh...) Please update if anyone finds a free hotspot app that works after update. Thanks, much!

sv_one

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Sadly, Elixir's hotspot button doesn't work. Would love it if someone finds something that works short of rooting..

Last edited:

gathome

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Note in SVTP's Wifi Hotspot app description says, "Check back Dec 7 for news on latest Gingerbread 2.3 update." Could be a possible update coming to make it work with 2.3?
I, too, will forego Gingerbread for a free hotspot. For this reason (and because the update seems to be causing major problems for Charge owners!) I haven't installed Gingerbread yet. So, I downloaded the free hotspot widget. All of my gadgets can see my phone's hotspot but I can't get anything to connect. I read in the reviews that the pass code is your 10 digit phone # and have entered it but still can't get the hotspot to work. Tried to connect in both 3G and 4G areas with no success. Anyone using this app have any idea what I'm doing wrong? Thanks!

atlantar6

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Note in SVTP's Wifi Hotspot app description says, "Check back Dec 7 for news on latest Gingerbread 2.3 update." Could be a possible update coming to make it work with 2.3?
I, too, will forego Gingerbread for a free hotspot. For this reason (and because the update seems to be causing major problems for Charge owners!) I haven't installed Gingerbread yet. So, I downloaded the free hotspot widget. All of my gadgets can see my phone's hotspot but I can't get anything to connect. I read in the reviews that the pass code is your 10 digit phone # and have entered it but still can't get the hotspot to work. Tried to connect in both 3G and 4G areas with no success. Anyone using this app have any idea what I'm doing wrong? Thanks!

10 digits with the - between the digits

touruser78

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I just installed the SVTP App, Does Verizon end up charging their hotspot fee after you start using this app or does this make it work for free?

papa54

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
It works for me also. I am using it with a galaxy tab. One thing, I enter my phone number for the passkey WITHOUT THE DASHES.

when i tried hot spot it had me call verizon.. once called i said i thought tethering was free >>blew the customer services mind.. pissed me off so i hung up..i'll use PDA..