NV Rebuilding

daveytree3

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Had a weird thing happen to me today.Kid was playing with the phone, I told him to turn his game off.He thought I meant to turn the phone off.So he gives it back to me,I power it up.All of a sudden I get a message stating NV REBUILDING.It takes a few seconds,then reboots.
When the phone came back on, I had no service whatsoever.No Data,big circle with a line where my signal strength belongs.I tried to place a call and it said mobile network not found.With no idea what this message meant,I ended up doing a factory reset. Everything works great now.Just curious if anyone has seen this and what it means?Thanks

Last edited:

Jazz Gill

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
Had a weird thing happen to me today.Kid was playing with the phone, I told him to turn his game off.He thought I meant to turn the phone off.So he gives it back to me,I power it up.All of a sudden I get a message stating NV REBUILDING.It takes a few seconds,then reboots.
When the phone came back on, I had no service whatsoever.No Data,big circle with a line where my signal strength belongs.I tried to place a call and it said mobile network not found.With no idea what this message meant,I ended up doing a factory reset. Everything works great now.Just curious if anyone has seen this and what it means?Thanks

NV rebuild supposedly removes any network locking data, I had to do an NV rebuild in order to get signal. Not sure why you couldn't get signal after it, a frequency lock reset could maybe have fixed it

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Conrad Edmund