Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Audio screech in video

Since the update I have picked up a screeching sound in all video I record, as well as in video calls. On the video call, I was told it sounded like a really loud cricket and it faded in and out depending on where I was in the house. On the recorded video, I was in a gym recording my kid's chorus concert and about half the videos I recorded have this screech.

I didn't do a LOT of recording before the update, but I never heard the screech in calls or recordings before now. Does anyone have any clues or remedies for this annoying video spoiler?

This is a 'like new replacement' to replace my original Charge that kept dropping data and voice. But I did record video on it before the update and had no screech.

I'm wondering if it's a mic issue with background acoustics or something?

Very seriously considering giving up on the Charge and going back to Motorola. I love this phone when it works right though.

Global Posts
    251 Global Posts

Default Re: Audio screech in video

I can not seem to duplicate your problem on my phone. I have good audio, no screeches.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Audio screech in video

Ugh. Maybe thats why this phone was originally returned to them and its not such a 'like new replacement' afterall.

Global Posts
    395 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock TouchWiz

Did you delete your cache after the update?
    If that doesn't work, do a factory reset.

Sent from my Droid Charge with tapatalk