1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    391 Global Posts

Default Help Picking a New Cell Phone

I am having problems with my Thunderbolt and I am getting Verizon to swap my TB for another phone. My choices are a Samsung Droid Charge, LG Revolution and Motorola Droid Bionic.

I would appreciate any comments from you helping me decide which one might be best. Also, if you know about any possible upgrade to ICE for any of them that would be helpful and also I am concerned about battery life so info on that would be nice

Default Re: Help Picking a New Cell Phone

All I have have experience with is the Charge. I actually like it. The GB update was a great improvement for me in battery life. Can't beat the 4g speeds either. But I wouldn't count on it getting ICS.
    I think the only one your list that was announced to be getting ICS is the Bionic.

If i had my choice I would probably go Bionic if not just just for resale value if you plan to get rid of it/sell it soon. But if you need to keep it for more than a year or so, you might wanna go hold them all in your hands at the vzw store and try them yourself.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    391 Global Posts

Thanks for the advice. I do not plan on selling teh device I usually keep them for quite a long time. I plan to put my hands on then Bionic and Charge (think the revolution is out) but was looking for real world experience from people who own the devices.

Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock :D

Quote Originally Posted by neil154 View Post
    Thanks for the advice. I do not plan on selling teh device I usually keep them for quite a long time. I plan to put my hands on then Bionic and Charge (think the revolution is out) but was looking for real world experience from people who own the devices.
    my dad has the bionic it seems nice. ive had the charge since it came out. its pretty good. my dad likes the bionic. i dont use stock though. the GB update made it a much better phone than it was prior. Since this phone is being replaced with the GN and the Revolution has the revolution 2 i would say go with thebionic since itwill be getting the ICS. i tried to get the verizon people to swap me to one but he wasnt very friendly lol
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    391 Global Posts

Thanks, VZ is swapping for me since my phone is a month old and I have been complaining to them since about day 4

Verizon also did this for me, i had them send me the bionic and loved it
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    391 Global Posts

How does the battery life compare between TB and Bionic?

My Graddaughter keeps her TB on the charger from the time she gets home from school. But she loves it! I don't know about Bionic. There are alot of good cool phones now. I do love my Charge and I think it looks alot like the new Nexus! You won't find a better screen I think than Charge!
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Global Posts
    391 Global Posts

From the reviews that I read, you are probably correct about the Charge screen but I have a Thunderbolt now and I have no problem with its screen.

I guess the important things to me are battery life, 4G and ease of use. I will probably not root the phone but will probably will use the Go Launcher Ex.

ROM
    JellyBeans

As it has been stated...I would not hold out much hope for ICS on the Charge.

Since gingerbread the charge battery is much improved, to the point i am getting a whole day with a single charge ( Text, phone, internet, music and lots of widgets running).
    The charge has the nicest screen of the 3 you have listed (my Opinion).

The Bionic is the only phone slated to get ICS and if you don't plan to root then the locked bootloader will not be a problem for you.

My friend has a Bionic and he is not to happy with the battery life. But he is always on his phone, so i cant say what it would be like for an average user.

As said before.....your best bet is to read reviews, play with the phones at Verizon and pick the best one for you.

P.S.

Never used or know anyone with the Revolution, so i cant give you anything about that phone.

Good Luck and enjoy your new phone.
    Sent Via..Raven from Kings Landing
    BB Storm 1 > Samsung Droid Charge > Samsung Galaxy Nexus > Samsung Galaxy Note II & LG G Pad 8.3
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Global Posts
    391 Global Posts

Bakerbert - thanks for the feedback. From everything I have read on the reviews the Bionic looks a little better. Getting ICS is something that I think I would like and the Bionic is (or has just ) issued a major update which is suppose to fix many things. I don't know that the fix will improve battery life and it would be nice to hear from someone who has the update installed