Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Email Issue

My email will no longer retrieve on "push" basis. It seems to retrieve email once or twice a day. My Charge is set to get mail as it comes, and I use AOL mail. (I have had the email account since 1994, and I don't want to change now!) Even when I choose "refresh" from the option menu, nothing comes in, even though I know there are items on the server. This is something that just started in the past few days. Does anyone have any ideas on how to resolve this issue?
    Jhett---
    Galaxy Note II <- Droid Charge <- Palm Pre
    Lovin' the Droid life...

Global Posts
    2 Global Posts

Default Re: Email Issue

If you do not live in an area that has continuous 4G ... this can be a problem (at least I have found it as a issue)... I just set the phone in CDMA when I am in continuous 3G area.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I don't think that is the problem. We seem to have strong 4G here. Most of the time I am on Wi-Fi, anyway. At least that is the case when I am at work and home. I just sent a test email to the four accounts I use the mail program for. One is my primary, which is AOL, two are Gmail accounts, and the fourth is for a Yahoo account. The Yahoo email was almost instantaneously delivered. The two Gmail accounts retrieved the message after about 15 minutes, and absolutely nothing from the AOL account.
    Jhett---
    Galaxy Note II <- Droid Charge <- Palm Pre
    Lovin' the Droid life...

bump...i am having the same problem.