having trouble deleting pictures out of "my gallery"

paganheretic

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Hey all I am a new driod charge user and am having trouble deleting images out of my gallery my phone lets me check mark them but it only give me option to share or view file info and not to delete.... can anyone help?

jco23

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
plus, you can only delete photos from your "camera" or "download" folders. the other folders are probably linked to your picasa web album or google+ or other source, and thus cannot be deleted from your phone.

soulsurvives

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I had an issue with not being able to delete pictures once.....would select delete but would never delete them....did a factory data reset and it started working fine....

Leeds75boy

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for the solution responses to the question asked. I was able to learn a little more about how to use my droid Razr. Now if I could only learn more about how to use my new Samsung 'Smart' Tvs and my Jeep Grand. They All apparently talk to one another! LOL

Cuzhead

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
if its the picasa albums, do this: Go to settings > Accounts and Sync then select your Google Account under 'Manage Accounts' and untick 'Sync Picasa Web Albums'

JUDYDTM

May 16, 2012
Visit site
I went to MotoCast and selected "My Gallery"
then clicked on the left 3 line menu icon at the bottom.
then clicked on Camera Roll the long bar on the top of the four other bars
This brought up the photos in my "camera"
Press on the photo you want to do something with.....like DELETE
HOLD YOUR FINGER DOWN ON IT.

It will bring up Picture Options
View
Play on
Quick Upload
Edit
Delete --------------------------------> this is the one I was looking for
Add to album
Set as

If you select Delete it will come off the camera roll

tomsullivan

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
On Samsung Galaxy S3: Settings, Accounts and Sync, select gmail account associated with your phone, then uncheck sync google photos and sync picasa web albums, etc. :D make sure you have "keep phone synched with google" checked when you are adding account to phone will remove pics and keep up with changes you made to picasa and gmail photos online. (I had to go into Picasa and delete those photos I didn't want showing up on my phone.) Hope this helps!

Last edited:

soundtrack.central

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I can confirm that as being correct. I have a LG Optimus thru Metro PCS and a Gmail account is required. The photos in Gallery or Instant uploader go straight to Picasaweb and that's the only place where you can delete the photos from.

Desicakes Williams

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I guess you open your settings and select the accounts and sync option then it shows the accounts logged into from your phone. Select the account that you believe the pictures are coming from then it shows you options to check whether you want your phone to sync them or not. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance