1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Unhappy Damaged SD Card

I bought my Charge yesterday. I restarted the phone on my way home and when it came back on it said the SD card was damaged. I tried to reformat the card and it still says damaged. I was able to format it in windows with SD formatter. I also ran a chkdsk and it seems fine. Once I eject though the phone can't mount the card and still says damaged. When I go to put it back into USB mode to copy files windows does not see the card. I have to physically remove and add the card back in then reformat again.

Since I got it yesterday should I just take it back and have them give me a new one?

ROM
    Eclipse 2.0

Default Re: Damaged SD Card

Quote Originally Posted by tsaunders View Post
    I bought my Charge yesterday. I restarted the phone on my way home and when it came back on it said the SD card was damaged. I tried to reformat the card and it still says damaged. I was able to format it in windows with SD formatter. I also ran a chkdsk and it seems fine. Once I eject though the phone can't mount the card and still says damaged. When I go to put it back into USB mode to copy files windows does not see the card. I have to physically remove and add the card back in then reformat again.

Since I got it yesterday should I just take it back and have them give me a new one?
    yues take it back ...you have 15 days with verizon and i think with the other carriers also.. oh while there check the SD Card and see what speed it is.. maybe you can get at least a 4x it does video well enough for me... some are even 10x wow what a snap that would be...

Default Re: Damaged SD Card

I had another type damage to my SD card. One day my phone was not alerting me to txt or email but when I would pick up the phone they would be there waiting for me. Also the phone was warm to the touch. As it turned out why I was not getting notified is because I was using Zedge alerts which was on my card. But the card got so hot it had cracked, took my fully charged battery down to something like 14% in less than 45 minutes. My options from Big Red- Pay the deductible and get a refirb from the insurance that I have, or contact Sammy to work out the matter. After fearing a heart attack from trying to deal with Sammy I elected to go out and buy a 16gig card and put this all behind me. Customer service on both parties lacks big time.