reformateing the internal 2G/B memory?

Lehocki

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
can anyone tell me is it possible to reformate the Charge internal memory, assaining more to RAM and less to apps? and how would one go about doing that. Keep in mind I am a noob and basicaly have verry little knowledge about this. just thought I ask anyway . Thank you for your replies.

papa54

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
can anyone tell me is it possible to reformate the Charge internal memory, assaining more to RAM and less to apps? and how would one go about doing that. Keep in mind I am a noob and basicaly have verry little knowledge about this. just thought I ask anyway . Thank you for your replies.

I have been around about a year and have never seen anyone sayin anything about formating the internal memory.. I would imagine its like any other cpuwith a os.. that no one formats internal Ram. now i have fiddled with PC and never had that cross my mind as Ram is Random Access Memory..nothinig stays blah blah blah ,,

i was told that memory with a smart Phone serves a different purpose on smart phones. you really want apps that you use to set in memory so yer changing programs will be faster...
i myself am caught between two schools of thought about Random Access Memory (RAM) my worries are about the processor.. souping it up or changing clocking speed, but i backed off of that cause my phone runs faster than i can keep up at present rate.. good luck on getting an answer to yer question.. sry i could not have been more help...

Lehocki

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for a reply. I just thought that because the Charge came with 2GB intetnal memory and that 2 was divided into a RAM, ROM and App partitions the APP part getting 1.2GB space the RAM given 375MN and the rest to ROM from what I can tell just thought that if possible we could repartition so that the APP gets 512MB and the ROM stays the same the RAM part would then b at 1GB aprox which would speed up the phone. I just thought of yhis cause personaly I Do mot use more than 300MB of the part where my App's are stored that leaves me with aprox 850MB of spsce not used. So I thought that maybe repartition and assigne more to the RAM. Yhanks again for a reply

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995