Good news! The Charge isn't dead

Chocoburger

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
lol, remember this phone launched at Verizon at $360! I got it from Amazon for $150 and the only way I can justify that price tag is because it came with a 32GB SD card (while other phones kept coming with 2-16GB SD cards).

bangpanther

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Hate to say it, but I called it. Samsung officially just gave us the middle finger as I expected. :mad:

Seriously people.. quit patting yourselves on the back claiming victory with your "proof" ..

If the Charge wasnt mentioned (and it wasnt), then there is no news about it, good or bad.. Samsung even say that they may alter the list if and when they feel like it..

I stopped counting the number of "Charge is officially not getting Gingerbread" posts I read, and surprise! You were all wrong.. Im not saying that the doomsayers are wrong this time - Im saying that we dont know until Samsung say something ABOUT THE CHARGE.

b.

Reactions: squid267 and Jhett

Chocoburger

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Seriously people.. quit patting yourselves on the back claiming victory with your "proof" ..

If the Charge wasnt mentioned (and it wasnt), then there is no news about it, good or bad.. Samsung even say that they may alter the list if and when they feel like it..

I stopped counting the number of "Charge is officially not getting Gingerbread" posts I read, and surprise! You were all wrong.. Im not saying that the doomsayers are wrong this time - Im saying that we dont know until Samsung say something ABOUT THE CHARGE.

b.
*slap!*
This is an official final list from Samsung, and A DIFFERENT LIST from the previous link that I posted back in March. The March link did indeed say it was "not final" but this one is obviously the final list. Samsung never gave a crap about this over-priced phone.

As for people saying Charge was never going to get gingerbread, what the heck are you on? Unfinished Gingerbread ROMs were leaked within a month or so of the Charge's release. The ONLY people who hypothesized that the Charge would not get GB is because they thought that maybe Samsung would skip GB and update straight to ICS (LOL!). The reason why they came up with those ridiculous beliefs? Because they wanted some justification on why Samsung are slow at supporting (or in this phone's case not supporting) their products.

You can keep living in some fictional world where Samsung actually gives a crap about you. The rest of us? Yeah, we're here in the real world. We know the truth.

Edit: I'd like to say that, I would love to be wrong about Samsung. That said, I need to go back to XDA and learn more about the ICS custom ROMs they have, I was just hoping they could have built it off of Samsung's official ROM.

Last edited:

bangpanther

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
*slap!*
This is an official final list from Samsung

Why does this official final list have "This list may be altered as updates are confirmed or released" then? Indeed, the word "final" doesnt appear in it at all.

and A DIFFERENT LIST from the previous link that I posted back in March.

I was going by the link in your post from today.. Which (when you follow the link in that post to the source on Samsungs website) has the quote above.

You can keep living in some fictional world where Samsung actually gives a crap about you. The rest of us? Yeah, we're here in the real world. We know the truth.

Never said they did.. No need to get emotional..

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Why does this official final list have "This list may be altered as updates are confirmed or released" then? Indeed, the word "final" doesnt appear in it at all.

I am off of the Charge now, but still....

I said it before, I will say it again: So Verizon isn't going to update ANY of their Samsung phones? That is just STUPID to think that. If they had even two, phones on their list, I would start to lean your way, but NONE?

As far as this being the "final" list I would like to point out these tidbits from the PR:

This list may be altered as updates are confirmed or released.
Other specifics for the ICS update in the U.S. have not been announced.

Doesnt sound like it was so final...

If I was staying with the Charge, I wouldn't much care either. My Charge is was great on Tweak 2.0

Reactions: Jhett

xRodo

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I am off of the Charge now, but still....

I said it before, I will say it again: So Verizon isn't going to update ANY of their Samsung phones? That is just STUPID to think that. If they had even two, phones on their list, I would start to lean your way, but NONE?

As far as this being the "final" list I would like to point out these tidbits from the PR:

This list may be altered as updates are confirmed or released.
Other specifics for the ICS update in the U.S. have not been announced.

Doesnt sound like it was so final...

If I was staying with the Charge, I wouldn't much care either. My Charge is was great on Tweak 2.0

Tweaked 2.0 is working great. I would like access to ICS-exclusive apps, though. Tweaked 2.0 may be better than stock ICS, but I would love a Tweakstock build from ICS.

xRodo

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I've been experimenting a lot with different launchers lately, and that is one of the two reasons I want ICS. The second reason is Chrome.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I hear you on the Chrome thing, actually forgot about it until your post. It still doesn't seem like it is ready for prime time, but I havent kept up on it lately either (note to self, look into it)

I personally am stuck on LPP. I know development has stalled on it but I still like it. I am moving to the Rezound in the morning so, like I do with all my phones, I am going to give it a week on stock before I move onto anything. When I get ICS on it, I will check out the other launchers....I guess what I am saying is that what I don't know won't hurt me...lol

xRodo

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I liked LP (didn't try +), but because it has been abandoned, I stuck to ADW for a while. To me, ADW and LP were pretty comparable, but I liked some of the themes on ADW. I also tried Go Launcher Ex, but I was not a fan. It looked great, but it was (a little) laggy and ran my battery down about 5x faster than stock. ADW lagged less (still experienced some mild lag, a few FCs, and random restarting of the launcher), and I got the same or a tad bit better battery life than with stock. Well, I say stock, but I'm running Tweaked 2.0, so I really mean that.

I've been on Zeam for the past couple of days, and so far I like it. It doesn't have the themes that the others have, but the default skin is fine with me. Most of the themes I was using on ADW/Go were just variations of the default Zeam look anyway. I'm going to stick with Zeam for now because I have yet to experience any lag, and my battery has drained 8% in 3 1/2 hours with mild/moderate use. This is possibly the best battery life I can recall since purchasing my phone. Also, I mainly use the launcher to customize the dock (5 icons), hide the icon text, and resize the columns and rows, which I can still do on Zeam.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
That is what I am looking for in a Launcher and even though I have only been using the Rezound for a little over 12 hours, I hate the home screen layouts I have to find a launcher that will not replace the app drawer as well....LPP changes everything it can..

One of the biggest features with me and LPP was the multiple docks. 3 sets of 5 and I could pretty much leave everything off the screen itself

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeneral2