Start-up alarm

gvshrek76

Feb 9, 2012
Visit site
My verizion samsung charge sounds an alarm everytime it boots up. i can stop it by plugging in the charge cable. but i'd like to know WHY it does this.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I had that same issue once in awhile. It didn't matter if I was stock or rom'd. Never figured out what it was but it went away. I know this is no big help but I wanted to let you know you aren't the only one

Charged up post!

gvshrek76

Feb 9, 2012
Visit site
Thanks pizzadude.
At least i know i just dont have a defunct unit...lol either that or we BOTH have defunct units lol:D

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

cmfdavis

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Mine does the same thing, has for months. I think it has something to do w' the media scanner running ...??? It seems to start when the media scanner starts and stop just as the media scanner completes. Maybe it's just mine? Either way it's ANNOYING!!!!!

SweetSaudade

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
This was happening to me too! Just started a couple of weeks ago, happened once and stopped after a minute or two. I guess I didn't reboot it again until a week ago and then it wouldn't stop, even long after the media scanner finished. Called tech support and they sent me out my FOURTH replacement phone (others were for other issues, like bad camera resolution, etc). I've had this phone for 3 days and it just happened again. Deleted the 8 apps I had added (that I've used on all my phones) one by one and rebooted in between each deletion and the beeping continued.. Finally just gave in and wiped the phone. Wish I had found that thread about the voicemail alert, I do have unopened voicemails..

So after the wipe, the phone is no longer beeping. But I guess I have to find all new apps now??? I am dreading that!

Verizon told me if they had to replace this phone again that they would get me out of this and put me into another 4G phone. Should I go that route? I'm so tired of this..

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
This was happening to me too! Just started a couple of weeks ago, happened once and stopped after a minute or two. I guess I didn't reboot it again until a week ago and then it wouldn't stop, even long after the media scanner finished. Called tech support and they sent me out my FOURTH replacement phone (others were for other issues, like bad camera resolution, etc). I've had this phone for 3 days and it just happened again. Deleted the 8 apps I had added (that I've used on all my phones) one by one and rebooted in between each deletion and the beeping continued.. Finally just gave in and wiped the phone. Wish I had found that thread about the voicemail alert, I do have unopened voicemails..

So after the wipe, the phone is no longer beeping. But I guess I have to find all new apps now??? I am dreading that!

Verizon told me if they had to replace this phone again that they would get me out of this and put me into another 4G phone. Should I go that route? I'm so tired of this..

I will go with I am sorry you are having all these issues, mine has been close to perfect.

The only one that I know I would trade for is the gnex.

AZdesertman2012

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
What a nice boat we are in together! This is my third Verizon Droid Charge .... aaaaaaaaahhhhh, I also have the mysterious startup alarm problem, but only happens intermittently. When the phone decides it wants to wake the dead the mysterious startup alarm goes off! Of course Tech Support claims that they have never encountered this problem before and because its intermittent they can't DX it over the phone. They want me to bring it into a store. :'(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool