Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree3Likes

Global Posts
    3,172 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock on all

Default Re: Yep thinking of going to the darkside

Quote Originally Posted by Maikai.Guy View Post
    Talking about how single apps compare to each other completely misses the point about a tablet's applicability to enterprise, IMHO. And it just winds people around an axle.

For people saying "one app is all people need to do business", I'd like know if they only use one window at a time on a Windows machine. I'm sitting in front of a notebook this morning (damn thing!) and have seven windows open. I'm switching between four of five of them quite frequently and need the other two occasionally.

The thing that makes a machine valuable to business is not only the quality of each individual app, but the ability to stitch them together and yield increased productivity. I think this has been proved out by the PC versus Apple wars of the 80's. The PC won. Not because it was easier to use (it wasn't). Not because it had higher quality apps (it didn't). The PC won because of Windows. The ability to have multiple portals open on various data and documents. The ability to share that data between open windows. That was the stake in the heart of Apple's bid for the business community. At that point Apple went to the only place they had left... children in school. With a few noted exceptions (mostly art/creative community) they stayed there until the iPod, commanding less than 5% of market share for nearly two decades.
    Define quality in an app, and a few hundred people will cite a different view on what that is, but you made the right point in saying that the ability to stitch apps together into a cohesive whole is essential. This is why Android is so successful, the capability to link widgets with apps, with other apps easily, is what sets itself from the rest of the market, IMO.
    Maikai.Guy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedygi View Post
    Define quality in an app, and a few hundred people will cite a different view on what that is, but you made the right point in saying that the ability to stitch apps together into a cohesive whole is essential. This is why Android is so successful, the capability to link widgets with apps, with other apps easily, is what sets itself from the rest of the market, IMO.
    +1
    Thanked by:

I love these sweeping condemnations that I don't know this or that, or my mind is closed to this or that.

At the risk of sounding like an old man (Ok, I am middle aged), the problem with the younger generations is they lack the fundamentals that my generation and older were provided. That list of lacking fundamentals is deep, but in this case, the one of interest is the ability to debate.
    OK, so I have no interest in this conversation of iOS and Android any more within this thread, but I could not let this one go...

Is that quote from you not a sweeping condemnation of your own? You don't want to be guy, do you? Just saying...
    Thanked by:
    Johnly 

Global Posts
    10,407 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

Quote Originally Posted by lpt2569 View Post
    OK, so I have no interest in this conversation of iOS and Android any more within this thread, but I could not let this one go...

Is that quote from you not a sweeping condemnation of your own? You don't want to be guy, do you? Just saying...
    For real...

From my jail broke free-bird iPhone doing all better than you!

Global Posts
    10,407 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

Lets get real....I will present on any topic of your choice from my device and you do the same. We both know how too, lets walk! You pick the topic.....lets see what is really strait line stitch.

OK, so I have no interest in this conversation of iOS and Android any more within this thread...
    There are very few universal translations, but here is one of them:
    After investing in argument, if someone suddenly has no interest in continuing and tries to imply that defending the points they previously made is somehow now a waste of their precious time, the reason is they’ve got nothing. They can't stand the idea they may be standing on very soft ground.

It's a trait that should be lost. It will burn in the end. No employer, no lover, no friend will find it appealing you can't conclude or support your premise. I think most people would recognize if it was worth the investment to start, it’s worth the investment to finish and anything else is quitting.

Yes, indeed, it was a sweeping condemnation of the school system, but I think what you actually wanted to accuse me of is making an unsupported sweeping condemnation.

I supported my condemnation by highlighting your lack of being able to support your position and your inability to address my questions after I detailed my usage and asked if there was something about iOS5 that I was missing… a golden moment for you to show me exactly where I am wrong. ;-)

My sweeping condemnation was further supported with the example of our incredibly polarized political party situation. If more people were taught the art of debate, not just for debate’s sake, but the art of providing support for a point of view, more people would be able to see through the pathetically flimsy statements/positions many political leaders make/take.

I grew up in a world where everyone was more accountable for what they said. We may have been anti-establishment and all that, but we would test our own beliefs far more than is done today. We had constructive debates where one’s point is actually addressed, not dismissed out of hand and ridiculed by someone incapable of a holding an argument. That ability to debate and rationally support our positions with those in authority led to the end of the Vietnam war and the world and freedoms you enjoy now.

Up until the last twenty years, each generation contributed to our freedoms and enabled people’s ability to be heard. Our founding fathers gave us our freedoms. The industrial generation gave us technology. The “Greatest Generation” gave us freedom from tyranny. The following generations gave us freedom of expression and equality. But the last 20 years have been a sham. It’s given us nothing but selfishness, arrogance, belligerence, and polarization.

I stand by my sweeping condemnation of the school system and think I have supported my conclusion with a reasonable argument.

Any position needs/requires support. Just saying something is so, or desperately wanting it to be so, doesn’t mean it’s so. There is always a *reason* it is so and the younger generations have not been taught the ability recognize and convey that.

...and anything else is quitting.
    I can't quit you...

You my friend are beautiful...no matter what they say.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by lpt2569; 04-13-2012 at 11:53 AM.

Global Posts
    10,407 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

Lol......!
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #84  

Wow...lol...just wow

Jim

Sent from my Droid Charge using Tapatalk.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234