1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Dumping my DC for a Thunderbolt.

It's been fun... kinda... but our split was inevitable.

A lack of ROM development... the worst GPS issues I've ever seen (My TBolt locks on in around 5 seconds.) and the lack of ICS (TBolt made the list) meant this was matter of when... not if.

Thanks to all on this forum who were both so helpful and patient in my rooting issues. You're a great group... and I appreciate all your help.
    ☆ ★ | ROM | [JellyBean][4.3] BeanStalk Build 4.3.1001 - [04 OCT] |★ ☆

Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Default Re: Dumping my DC for a Thunderbolt.

Yeah the development is a bit sparse, but it is because all is done that can be thanks to the RIL.

I spent some time with my daughters TB before we traded it in. I liked it more than I thought I would, but the battery was the absolute worst I have ever seen.

Have fun with the TB....

Good luck with the Thunderbolt! I switched to HTC three months ago and have never looked back. Of course the Inc2 is not LTE if that's your interest, but the phone has incredible battery life, instant GPS, perfect color rendering, snappy operation... And ICS had been confirmed. After 3 Samsung phones, I am now 100% satisfied with my phone. Stock.

Sent from my Droid Incredible 2 using Tapatalk

Default Re: Dumping my DC for a Thunderbolt.

Just a word of advice... I started out in April of last year with my first Android phone, and it was the Thunderbolt. The first one had some problems so I got a replacement. The replacement seemed ok, but then it started sending texts to people I was definitely not addressing them to.. For example, I would try to text someone and would think it went through, and would only find out there was a problem when I would get a confused "huh?" or "what are you talking about?" response from a completely random person in my contacts list. You probably won't have this problem, but just in case - always say nice things!
    Thunderbolter

Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by SweetSaudade View Post
    Just a word of advice... I started out in April of last year with my first Android phone, and it was the Thunderbolt. The first one had some problems so I got a replacement. The replacement seemed ok, but then it started sending texts to people I was definitely not addressing them to.. For example, I would try to text someone and would think it went through, and would only find out there was a problem when I would get a confused "huh?" or "what are you talking about?" response from a completely random person in my contacts list. You probably won't have this problem, but just in case - always say nice things!
    The text issue is a froyo issue. Say whatever the **** you want.

Quote Originally Posted by blackjaguar25 View Post
    The text issue is a froyo issue. Say whatever the **** you want.