Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Quote Originally Posted by deucetail View Post
    Got my update last night. I'll miss the sliding wallpaper, but if this fixes my GPS lock issues, it'll be totally worth it. So far I'm getting a super fast lock. I'll not jump the gun though, i seem to recall the the GPS being good for a day or two after the GB update before going back to being unusable. Crossing my fingers!

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Default Re: New Droid Charge Update

i apologize if im not doing this correctly but does anyone know a way to get the puzzle lock screen back? i depended on the large puzzle pieces telling me that i had text or mail. the tiny icon in the upper left isn't doing it for my not so great vision. i would love to contact Google and voice my opinion but i cant even figure out how to do that despite lots of searching on Google
    thanks

ROM
    Stocked out! Whoo!!!

Have you tried NoLED? It'll have color boxes that move around when you get texts and email. I use it and think it's great. Solves that problem too.

Quote Originally Posted by Deradorn View Post
    I am going to miss ... the shifting backgrounds ...
    As do I. wonder why it went away.

Why the hell did they get rid of this and I didn't see it listed by ver... with the info they posted. I liked that feature.
    Last edited by W_A_Watson_II; 03-27-2012 at 07:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bob61 View Post
    Found the change log, looks like nothing that exciting.
    ...[*]Complete calls without experiencing choppy audio, clicking noises and/or one-way audio noises.
    If true, that's very exciting. Calls on my wife's Droid Charge have gotten garbled audio on a regular basis. Mine too, to a lesser extent.
    Last edited by fundragon; 03-27-2012 at 09:05 PM.

From the look of it I bet this update was mainly to bypass the moronic Slide to unlock patent recently granted to Apple by the geniuses at the patent office.

Sent from my ICS enabled Touch pad with tapatalk

Global Posts
    63 Global Posts

I liked the puzzle pieces also, they separated this phone from others

I ran the OTA update on my rooted phone and am still on firmware 2.3.6 and EP4. Now the OTA update is no longer available but I am still rooted. How can I unroot then upgrade? Will doing a factory reset unroot the phone?

After updating yesterday, my alarm did not go off this morning. It was on the charger. When I woke up - late for work - I looked at my phone. It said fully-charged - I was expecting it to be off due to the lack of alarm. I looked at my alarm and all of the settings were fine. It should have went off. This can't be a coincidence. Anyone else have an issue with theirs? I checked all of the sound settings as well. I'm guessing it was because it was plugged into the charger?

I've also noticed that scrollable wallpapers are no longer available. Every wallpaper I tried would remain in a fixed position.

I resolved this by using an alternative launcher.

I've also noticed that scrollable wallpapers are no longer available. Every wallpaper I tried would remain in a fixed position.

I am not liking this update whatsoever. Wish there was a way to go back to EP4.

ROM
    Eclipse v 1.2, PBJ 1130

Quote Originally Posted by Eighty_3 View Post

I am not liking this update whatsoever. Wish there was a way to go back to EP4.
    There is you can Odin or cwm back to stock ep4d

Quote Originally Posted by ztkryan View Post
    ... cwm back to stock ep4d

Is it too much to ask for detailed instructions?

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by fundragon View Post
    If true, that's very exciting. Calls on my wife's Droid Charge have gotten garbled audio on a regular basis. Mine too, to a lesser extent.
    Be careful. In speaking with Verizon and Samsung yesterday, it seems that the issue of audio isn't fully resolved as of this new ota. Samsung is still working on a major patch for the issue, as it appears to be specifically tied to hardware in fine phones and software in all phones, as well as tower signal strength. The stronger the signal, the greater the frequency of the phone having audio equalization issues.

They're also combating an audio issue with headphone audio jacks not making full contact in the connector that cause similar complaints.
    Currently trying to create an Android app that works similar to Hyperterminal, where I can send files to an IP address, as well as have a terminal connection to that same IP DONE! WORKING and HAPPY!. Now to monetize it and to get out from under these over-sized work projects so I can play again.
    Thanked by:

Is it too much to ask for detailed instructions?

Thanks in advance.
    I can near guarantee that this comment alone will prevent anyone from extending themselves to provide you the details.
    Currently trying to create an Android app that works similar to Hyperterminal, where I can send files to an IP address, as well as have a terminal connection to that same IP DONE! WORKING and HAPPY!. Now to monetize it and to get out from under these over-sized work projects so I can play again.
    bbqdroid and GramieDroid like this.

At my work the 4G is weak and switches back and forth between that and 3G constantly. If I am doing that while loading a page or fetching email it usually fails. I could see the data going out (on the 3/4G icon arrows in the top bar) and nothing coming back.

Since the new update it flips back and forth much faster and I havent had a failed page yet. That is a huge bonus for someone who mainly uses this phone for data.

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Deradorn View Post
    I confirmed foxfi still works after update.
    FoxFi v.1.52.1 also worked for me after the update. Was able to tether my iPad same as before. Stock phone no root.

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts

I updated my phone two nights ago. Today I moved some of my apps to my SD card. When I was done, the phone, contacts and messages icons that are always at the bottom of the screen disappeared, leaving only the application icon. I don't know if this has something to do with the update, or if this is some other, unrelated issue. I've attached a screenshot. Sorry if this isn't the right place to ask about this, but I think its related to the new update. Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Droid Charge Update-sc20120328-152521.png  
    Last edited by BexJ; 03-28-2012 at 02:50 PM. Reason: I figured it out how to put them back. Still no idea why they disappeared in the first place. Feel free to disregard this

Quote Originally Posted by BexJ View Post
    I updated my phone two nights ago. Today I moved some of my apps to my SD card. When I was done, the phone, contacts and messages icons that are always at the bottom of the screen disappeared, leaving only the application icon. I don't know if this has something to do with the update, or if this is some other, unrelated issue. I've attached a screenshot. Sorry if this isn't the right place to ask about this, but I think its related to the new update. Thanks

I got the OTA update yesterday or the day before. Ever since I updated the messages icon at the bottom of the homescreen keeps disappearing. Occasionally I will back out of an app or unlock my screen and it will be there briefly, smiling its smug smile, before it disappears again. When it's not at the bottom of my homescreen the messages app also does not show up in the application list. It's very frustrating as it means that if I want to send somebody a text message I have to go to their name in my contacts and send them a message that way. It wouldn't be that big of a deal, except it virtually eliminates my ability to send group messages. I know, I know I can download Handcent or GoSMS or something similar but I've been trying to avoid that since I picked up the Charge since the stock SMS had all of the features that I felt I needed and I thought it was nice to NOT need a third party app to handle basic cell phone functions, silly me.

Anyway, if anybody is having this problem and figures out a way to fix it, please let me know!

Quote Originally Posted by standupdad View Post
    I can near guarantee that this comment alone will prevent anyone from extending themselves to provide you the details.
    My bad. What did I say wrong? I just asked for help. Geez! There was no reason for you to respond to me in a hostile manner.

Geez! There was no reason for you to respond to me in a hostile manner.
    Keep digging...

Since the update it takes a good 10 seconds for an email to delete. Whether its 1 or 5, it just sits there on deleting for 10-15 seconds. Anyone else have this problem now?

Gps lock is very fast now for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by atlantar6 View Post
    Keep digging...
    My bad. Sorry for asking for help.
    jz8

Thumbs up Re: New Droid Charge Update

I realize most forum post are for problems. But really. This update is an amazing improvement to this phone.

* GPS locks in seconds
    * My bluetooth connection to my car was sporadic -- now no problems
    * Boot is much quicker
    * Getting rid of the puzzle piece is great. I can now swipe anywhere on the screen and unlock.

This update has turned the phone into one I had to get rid of, to one I am happy to keep and save myself a good deal of upgrade money.
    bangpanther likes this.

Global Posts
    2 Global Posts

I keep getting directory does not exist when manually installing the update. but it is clearly in the directory im pointing to...

Quote Originally Posted by ztkryan View Post
    If you would like to be done waiting you can manually update to FP1 by following this procedure:

1. Download this file: 668fc9f366e2.update_SCH-I510_EP4D_to_FP1H.zip
    2. Rename the file to update.zip
    3. Copy the update.zip to the root of your SD card
    4. Shutdown phone
    5. Hold down the volume up, home, and power button
    6. Once in android stock recovery arrow and and select "apply sdcard update.zip" with the home button
    7. Select update.zip with the home button
    8. The update will run and phone will reboot on its own then you will be on FP1
    I applied the OTA update on my rooted Charge but am still on 2.3.6 and EP4 and still rooted. Can I apply the manual instructions above over what I currently have or do I have to go back to stock/unroot first?
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast