New Droid Charge Update
06-16-2012 10:45 PM
- Got my update last night. I'll miss the sliding wallpaper, but if this fixes my GPS lock issues, it'll be totally worth it. So far I'm getting a super fast lock. I'll not jump the gun though, i seem to recall the the GPS being good for a day or two after the GB update before going back to being unusable. Crossing my fingers!
Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk03-27-2012 05:54 PM
- i apologize if im not doing this correctly but does anyone know a way to get the puzzle lock screen back? i depended on the large puzzle pieces telling me that i had text or mail. the tiny icon in the upper left isn't doing it for my not so great vision. i would love to contact Google and voice my opinion but i cant even figure out how to do that despite lots of searching on Google
thanks03-27-2012 05:59 PM
- 03-27-2012 08:59 PM
- After updating yesterday, my alarm did not go off this morning. It was on the charger. When I woke up - late for work - I looked at my phone. It said fully-charged - I was expecting it to be off due to the lack of alarm. I looked at my alarm and all of the settings were fine. It should have went off. This can't be a coincidence. Anyone else have an issue with theirs? I checked all of the sound settings as well. I'm guessing it was because it was plugged into the charger?03-28-2012 08:46 AM
Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk03-28-2012 10:12 AM
They're also combating an audio issue with headphone audio jacks not making full contact in the connector that cause similar complaints.03-28-2012 01:28 PMLike 1
- At my work the 4G is weak and switches back and forth between that and 3G constantly. If I am doing that while loading a page or fetching email it usually fails. I could see the data going out (on the 3/4G icon arrows in the top bar) and nothing coming back.
Since the new update it flips back and forth much faster and I havent had a failed page yet. That is a huge bonus for someone who mainly uses this phone for data.03-28-2012 02:06 PM
- I updated my phone two nights ago. Today I moved some of my apps to my SD card. When I was done, the phone, contacts and messages icons that are always at the bottom of the screen disappeared, leaving only the application icon. I don't know if this has something to do with the update, or if this is some other, unrelated issue. I've attached a screenshot. Sorry if this isn't the right place to ask about this, but I think its related to the new update. Thanks03-28-2012 02:34 PM
- I updated my phone two nights ago. Today I moved some of my apps to my SD card. When I was done, the phone, contacts and messages icons that are always at the bottom of the screen disappeared, leaving only the application icon. I don't know if this has something to do with the update, or if this is some other, unrelated issue. I've attached a screenshot. Sorry if this isn't the right place to ask about this, but I think its related to the new update. Thanks
I got the OTA update yesterday or the day before. Ever since I updated the messages icon at the bottom of the homescreen keeps disappearing. Occasionally I will back out of an app or unlock my screen and it will be there briefly, smiling its smug smile, before it disappears again. When it's not at the bottom of my homescreen the messages app also does not show up in the application list. It's very frustrating as it means that if I want to send somebody a text message I have to go to their name in my contacts and send them a message that way. It wouldn't be that big of a deal, except it virtually eliminates my ability to send group messages. I know, I know I can download Handcent or GoSMS or something similar but I've been trying to avoid that since I picked up the Charge since the stock SMS had all of the features that I felt I needed and I thought it was nice to NOT need a third party app to handle basic cell phone functions, silly me.
Anyway, if anybody is having this problem and figures out a way to fix it, please let me know!03-28-2012 07:43 PM
- 03-28-2012 11:13 PM
Since the update it takes a good 10 seconds for an email to delete. Whether its 1 or 5, it just sits there on deleting for 10-15 seconds. Anyone else have this problem now?
Gps lock is very fast now for sure.03-29-2012 05:46 AM
- I realize most forum post are for problems. But really. This update is an amazing improvement to this phone.
* GPS locks in seconds
* My bluetooth connection to my car was sporadic -- now no problems
* Boot is much quicker
* Getting rid of the puzzle piece is great. I can now swipe anywhere on the screen and unlock.
This update has turned the phone into one I had to get rid of, to one I am happy to keep and save myself a good deal of upgrade money.03-29-2012 08:38 AMLike 1
- If you would like to be done waiting you can manually update to FP1 by following this procedure:
1. Download this file: 668fc9f366e2.update_SCH-I510_EP4D_to_FP1H.zip
2. Rename the file to update.zip
3. Copy the update.zip to the root of your SD card
4. Shutdown phone
5. Hold down the volume up, home, and power button
6. Once in android stock recovery arrow and and select "apply sdcard update.zip" with the home button
7. Select update.zip with the home button
8. The update will run and phone will reboot on its own then you will be on FP103-29-2012 12:47 PM
- More Android Goodness
- The Archives
- Android Central Archives
- Verizon Droid Charge
New Droid Charge Update
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD