Help..phone won't reboot.

NIUHuskie

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, I'm hoping someone has a suggestion on what to do here.

Last night I got the latest update pushed to my phone right after I set it on the dock for the night. I pressed the update button and fell asleep while it was working. When I woke up this morning the phone was showing the Samsung startup screen and then it shut off and restarted back to the Samsung screen. It's now apparent that it's been stuck in a loop since I started the update and I'm not sure what to do. I did root the phone a couple of months ago, but haven't done anything else to it. Any ideas on how I can get this thing started again? Any help is appreciated.

NIUHuskie

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Run a factory default reset. You will lose app settings, but you will get the use of your phone back.....

I gave that a shot and no luck. The phone indicated that the data wipe occurred, but then when I attempt to reboot the phone it goes into the same loop. I'm not sure what to do now short of walking into the Verizon store. Now I'm wondering if I'm SOL because I rooted the phone. That would not be a good thing.

Chocoburger

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Don't walk into Verizon, they won't or can't help you. Almost all of them don't know anything about phone software. Just go to trparky's website and you'll have your phone fixed in no time.

Follow these instructions exactly (Restore Using ODIN):
http://www.toms-world.org/android/page/flashstock.html

Do not use the optional PIT file, your phone should be fine without it. However if you flash to stock and the process didn't work, then use the PIT file the second time. Let me know how it works out for ya!

Reactions: NIUHuskie

NIUHuskie

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Don't walk into Verizon, they won't or can't help you. Almost all of them don't know anything about phone software. Just go to trparky's website and you'll have your phone fixed in no time.

Follow these instructions exactly (Restore Using ODIN):
http://www.toms-world.org/android/page/flashstock.html

Do not use the optional PIT file, your phone should be fine without it. However if you flash to stock and the process didn't work, then use the PIT file the second time. Let me know how it works out for ya!

Chocoburger, you rule! Took about ten minutes and I'm back up and running. Thanks!

I'll definitely be bookmarking trparky's website.

Chocoburger

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Cool, good to see it work out for ya. A month ago my phone was stuck in a boot loop as well, so I had all those instructions fresh in my mind still. :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech