| || |
Droid Charge contacts lost? This is the Solution!
Ok, so we have all been there. You wake up one morning and go to call your friends or browse your contacts and the have magically disappeared. 700+ contacts are alot to enter into your phone by hand and most of us dont remember 7 by heart. I had this problem on my Charge 4 monthes ago and delt with it. Well my wife came home today with the exact same problem (she also has the charge) and I have had enough. I was going to recover her contacts one way or another. The problem is that the phone decides it doesnt like the names you have applied to you numbers and gets rid of them. So now you are left with a bunch of numbers and no names.... not very helpfull at all. Despite the fact we will be luck to see honeycomb on this device we should at least expect it to hold contacts. Well, I messed around with display options and accounts till I was blue in the face and had to go a different route. If you have Verizon you are in luck, if not well... im sorry this wont work for you. Verizon offers a free service called backup assistant and if you catch it in time, you will have everything back to normal in no time. So here is the details of the solution.
1. On a computer, goto www.verizonwireless.com/backupassistant
2. Sign in using your account that is linked to the phone, once signed in you will be able to access this service
3. If you havent used this service before don't worry the contacts you have were automatically synced of the time of use with the phone.
4. Once you get into the backup assistant it will prompt you about their plus service, disregard this and close it out as this is not needed
5. You will see a small list of the basic Verizon contacts that are on the phone at the time of purchase. But wait! There is a deleted contacts list with all of your contacts in it that you lost. Simply click the tab, hit select all and undelete these contacts. Now your contacts will appear in the general contact tab in the assistant. almost there
6. Hit select all on your contacts and goto the action tab, send these contacts to your phone by typing in your cell number in the "to:" box, then hit send and wait for a text message. Once this message appears the charge will give you a message in the status bar that it is downloading your contacts. Wait until its finished and like magic your contacts are back. Done
This has been a constant problem for the charge and will not work for non-verizon customers. Those of you with Verizon though will be able to restore your contact list. To prevent all the steps for the future create a V-Card file on your SIM card and sync all your contacts to this as well as the phone. You'll thank me the next time this happens and you need contacts, but don't have immediate access to a computer. I hope this helps and i'm always looking for tips associated with the Charge. So feel free to message me