Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default droid charge stuck in system recovery <3e>

Rooted droid charge will not reboot to anything other than system recovery <3e>
    i dont know what caused this but it seemed to be after i accidentally tapped the new System Update notification by accident a day ago .

i cannot do anything but reboot and hope to push the volume and home keys in a random order to bring up the mode that shows the "nandroid" list of actions .

if i get that far i could at least try disabling VooDoo and see if it makes any progress .

DESPERATELY NEED TO FIX THIS ASAP !!!! HELP A GIRL OUT ~

Default Re: droid charge stuck in system recovery <3e>

Do you have access to ODIN? If yes, that would be my answer. ODIN back to Stock, and start from there. If not, try a battery pull. Since you're stuck in recovery, what harm could you do with a battery pull at this point?
    Thanked by:
    kayhoe 
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ive done countless battery pulls with no change in outcome , every time its being powered back on it sends itself into system recovery witch isnt able to do a factory reset (without freezing up and having to be manually rebooted)
    then im back to square 1 all over again .

honestly i am still trying to figure out what ODIN is , what it does , and how i use it still .
    i downloaded a link that was supposed to be an ODIN , i opened it and it looked like an empty PDF file but i couldnt make any changes to it via adobie or any other reader i have installed .

been learning threw trial & error about this stuff but im like a SUPER N00B!!!
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

OK here you go:

Odin is basically just a way to add the software to your phone. it is simple and straightforward as long as you remember a few things

first, and this is important, once you start the process, DO NOT TRY AND STOP IT. DO NOT UNPLUG ANYTHING. You have a better than average chance of totally killing your phone for good.

Second, and this is important, When you are placing a file in ODIN to add to your phone, the only button you need is the PDA button. NOT THE PHONE BUTTON, PDA. You can really mess up the phone by using the wrong button.

Ready to go?

Download ODIN here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17789768/Odin3-v1.85.zip

Extract the files double click the ODIN icon and it will start up

Next, download the file here: 668fc9f366e2.update_SCH-I510_EP4D_to_FP1H.zip ------Thanks to Themortalwombat for the file

next download this file (assuming you still want to be rooted): http://eclipserom.com/mods/click.php?id=89 ----thanks to Nitroglycerine33 for the root

Now we are ready to start the fun stuff. This will not take too long, maybe half an hour depending on your computer.

You still have ODIN open right? Good.
    You already have the samsung drivers on your computer (you can connect it to your computer and transfer files) right? Good. if not install these: Free Cloud Storage - MediaFire

Shut down your phone, open the back and pull the battery. Connect the phone to your computer, and put it in download mode by pushing the volume down button. Put the battery back in. You should see a yellow triangle on the phone and if you switch to ODIN you should have, under the first blank box, a yellow box that says COM: XX where XX is whatever port you put it into. The only thing that is important is that it is yellow and connected.

Take the first file that I had you download, press the PDA button (not the phone, PDA), and navigate to it. once you find it and you are positive that you have it in the PDA section, hit start. You are now committed. DO NOT UNPLUG ANYTHING.

You will see a whole bunch of crap happening, and a green line going across the white box in ODIN while a blue line will be streaking across your phone (OK streaking isnt a good term since it will take 10-15 minutes)

The phone will reboot when it is done. Let it. CONGRATS you are on fully bloated EP1 (the latest) with the kernel and radio.

Now lets root the phone.

Shut down your phone, open the back and pull the battery. Connect the phone to your computer, and put it in download mode by pushing the volume down button. Put the battery back in. You should see a yellow triangle on the phone and if you switch to ODIN you should have, under the first blank box, a yellow box that says COM: XX where XX is whatever port you put it into. The only thing that is important is that it is yellow and connected.

Take the SECOND file that I had you download, press the PDA button (not the phone, PDA), and navigate to it. once you find it and you are positive that you have it in the PDA section, hit start. You are now committed. DO NOT UNPLUG ANYTHING. (yeah I copied and pasted that and only changed a word, it is the same procedure).

It will reboot, let it.

CONGRATS you now have a fully stock ROM with the exception of it is rooted. Wanna check that? Go into your applications and you should see one called SUPERUSER. If that is there you are good to go.

Easy Right?

ASK QUESTIONS BEFORE YOU START.

the samsung driver step has been removed. how do i get that?
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Thanked by:

I bricked my phone this week end trying to put eclipe rom on, now I keep getting cwm recovery. Can mount sd card or cant mount usb. I did find the stock rom online but how can I get it bcak on my phone if the sd card and usb will not work. also tried odin but it cant see my phone.

To anyone that came to this page and with this exact problem and is hesitant to do the factory reset: Do it. If your contacts are saved onto your sd card you'll be fine and wont lose any of them. I just did it and I'm so happy my phone works again.