Hot phone and performance

t_kopta

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
I have an otterbox defender for my beloved Charge. I noticed it gets much hotter being in the case and it seems as my phone lags more than usual. When I take it out of the case it runs very fast and has awesome response. Anyone have any insight? Due to the nature of my profession I really need the defender on always so I can't exactly pitch it.

Lehocki

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed that my Charge runs much better n smoother below 105 F and the battery life is also longer. So what I would sugest that you take off the back from the phone and put an aluminum plate a 2x2in to the battery and then put the deffender box on. The alluminum plate will draw the heat faster from the battery keeping it cooler therefore linger battery life and better performance. I personaly have the - traveler - which protects only the back and the sides but I also have the battery cover off so there is some room for the heat to dissipate faster n easyer than with the cover on.
Its what I would do if I had a deffender. Heat is not good for the battery or the phone that is why its so lagie, and then faster when it is out of the box.
Good luck.

Reactions: t_kopta

radar320

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I had an incident the other day while using navigation in maps where the phone got really hot. It has never done that before and I had the otter box off of it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX