Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Droid Charge won't turn back on

I charged the phone not even an hour before this happened. It happened to me earlier today while I was driving with the navigator on, but it turned back on and was fine. Now it wont turn on and it won't even show a charging screen when plugged in. The buttons on the bottom only l light up when holding the power button down, but nothing else happens. I am not home and I have insurance through a different company from a TCC verizon... I have pictures on the phone itself that I never got to transfer to the sd card will I lose those if I need a new phone?
    Any Suggestions???
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Default Re: Droid Charge won't turn back on

I am sure you did a battery pull right?

do another, pull the SD card and the sim card, let it sit for 20 minutes all taken apart. Then put it back together.

can you get into download mode?
    Thanked by:
    Obtik 
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Yeah I pulled the battery like 5 times. I'm going to take it all apart right now. Can you explain more about download mode? I tried holding the down-volume then pressing power in all sorts of ways. When I do this, its almost like you can see it resetting, because the lights on the buttons (Which are VERY faint) flash off/on really fast.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Okay, I unplugged everything for 30 minutes, and still no luck, does the same thing.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Does anyone have any other ideas, or can anyone go into what download mode is?

Out of curiosity, did you ever install any custom ROM or custom kernel or custom-anything on the phone? Or is it 100% Samsung/Verizon software? If the phone is 'pure' then you may want to take it to Verizon and get a replacement, if it's had custom software on it, you may want to try this process, but no guarantees it'll work.

Go here and follow how to fix a soft-bricked phone:
    http://www.toms-world.org/android/page/flashstock.html

The Samsung Flash Utility can be found on the downloads page here:
    http://www.toms-world.org/android/page/files.php

I hope it works, but I have no idea if it will since I don't know what caused your phone to mess up.

Note: You will lose all stuff saved on the internal memory on the phone by doing this.