1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Stock Calendar Widget Gone after ...

OK, I bit the bullet and Rooted my Samsung Droid Charge. After backing it up, I then went ahead and let VZW update it's apps that I don't like and use as I was going to freeze them.

Well apparently in the updates or the result of freezing I lost the one icon high four wide Calendar Widget from my home screen. Any thoughts?

Frozen Apps:
    Apps
    Backup Assistant Plus
    Blockbuster
    City, ID
    Daily Briefing
    Media Hub
    My Verizion
    Rhapsody
    Slacker Radio
    SNSAccount
    TuneWiki
    V CAST Music
    V CAST Tones
    Verizion Remote Diagnostics
    Verizion Video
    VZ Navigator
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Stock Calendar Widget Gone after ...-calendarwidget.jpg  

Default Re: Stock Calendar Widget Gone after ...

I think it's the Daily Briefing apk. I know on XDA, a lot of people were talking about Samsung widgets (it may have been weather widgets and/or calendar widgets) they liked and it when they restored Daily Briefing they got it back.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Dang, yep that was it, "Daily Briefing Scheduler". After unfreezing the app, I re-added the widget. didn't realize it was a Daily Briefing widget, guess that explains why the app was always running.

Thanks for the assistance.

You're welcome. Now that you have Titanium, you should look into Tweaked 2.0.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

OK, thanks. What is Tweaked 2.0?

Tweaked 2.0 is a custom ROM that enhances the performance of the phone a little, while also adding tons of new features, one of my personal favorites is that the screen remains OFF when I change the volume while listening to music. While on Samsung's ROM, the screen always turns on when adjusting the volume.

There are many other features as well, but note that flashing any custom ROM will wipe all info off your internal phone memory (not SD card) and is always done at your own risk.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Ah, OK. At this point I'm good with the stock ROM having froze some of the bloat ware, now if I can keep some of the others from loading when I'm not using them (yes I know they aren't taking CPU or memory) I just don't like crap starting on it's own, I like to be in control.