Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    73 Global Posts

Default Data connection issues

My third charge is on its way right now. My last 2 phones have had issues reconnecting to 3g if the signal drops. I have to reboot to get data back. Have to reboot 2-3 times a day because of this issue. This issue seemed to start after fp1 was pushed. I get that network signals will have hiccups, but I wait 30-45 minutes and it will not re-establish without a reboot. I've tried toggling mobile data and airplane mode, but it does not reconnect.

Anyone else have this issue?

Might just be your SIM card. That was my fix for the same issue

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Android Central Forums
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    73 Global Posts

Default Re: Data connection issues

I replaced it before Verizon sent the first replacement phone. It's really strange.

Luckily for me I am on my original charge just a bad SIM card. Just wish it wasn't so sluggish

I'm having a similar issue, and it happens on both 3G and 4G. I've even had it happen on wi-fi at the house as well. It's really become a very annoying issue. For example, I was just watching a show on NetFlix when the show paused. It said that it was buffering but just continued clocking. I finally backed out of NetFlix and tried to open some other apps that access the web (Android Central, CNET, etc.). They all reported that there was no network connection. Not sure what to do about it, but it's becoming a thorn in my side.

I've got the same thing happening with 4g. I will be browsing the internet and all of a sudden my 4g kicks. I don't lose signal, just the ability to receive data. I have to turn 4g off then back on and it's quite annoying, as it will happen multiple times within a few minutes. I'm not sure if Verizon will do anything though considering I'm not under warranty anymore.

Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    ROM
    Eclipse 2.0

My guess is that sence the big red ***** aka:VZW wants us all disgruntled so we will mess up and sigh a new contract getting another phone..once that is done from what i have heard and read in diff places (where i cannot remember) VZW bit off more than it can chew by offering unlimited data and want all of us who are on the contract to resign so we will placed on a limited data rate system.. they told me as long as i stayed with a smart phone i would always be unlimited... but that was changed according to what i saw here n there across the web.. firstly we pay VZW 30 bucks to renew, then we lose our unlimited data.. doesnt mean much if one doesnt play with their phones much but if ya watch a netflex movie you just ran yer usage over the teired limit, jack yer monthly payment next bill and wait again for you to use the phone.. its a shame that VZW has to be so greedy.. i also heard there was free tethering but when i called VZW they advised me they had not heard anything about that .. besides once you get used to "free" tethering and end up on a limited plan,,, welp you dont need my advise on that scene.. vzw sold more phones than their towers can support,, they tried to upgrade the towers which would mean smaller units but the supply and demand of usage just allows VZW to bump ya offline when another call comes to the tower.. then ya call back get re-hooked for awhile... but vzw is the better of 4 evils.... just my thoughts from the junk i've seen and heard. perhaps ev thing is a rumor ,,, but one thing is certain.. this charge has been left in the dust... although Eclipse promised a Eclipse 4.0 soon.. time will tell..

oh heres another thought.. the charge's are all free now if one signs a contract...
    and i've had mine almost 2 years..the same charge without ev one else's problems ..i feel so fortunite.. after my experience with that piece of junk "Fascinate" for a few months .. i can not complain.. just roll with the tide as some say..

What I heard was that they would begin pushing users to data usage plans who are upgrading from 3G to 4G phones. As unreliable as their 4G is, I am advising friends and family not to upgrade to a 4G phone. 3G is pretty stable..but 4G is a rip off.

Also thinking about letting my line contracts expire and going to Fast Talk. I really hate being jerked around.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Global Posts
    73 Global Posts

My issue appears to be a bug related to CDMA only mode. If I have the phone in LTE /CDMA mode, it will re-establish the data connection after a few minutes. In cdma only mode I have to restart the phone to get data back.

Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted, Unlocked

Since the update, Verizon was able to remote access my phone and the tech confirmed the error with data we are seeing. Even though this third Charge is brand new, the issue is still here.
    Anyone ever had luck with getting a different phone?

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Global Posts
    73 Global Posts

They bumped up my upgrade date and I pre ordered the galaxy s3. Was pushing for a different phone until Verizon announced the new plans. I wanted to lock in unlimited data for another 2 years.

I am on my second Charge, replaced for the same reason. The 4G had gone out completely. This second phone also drops data, and I have to do the Data connection off/on thing to get it back. It is also starting to drop my side of calls too, which my 1st Charge did. I did NOT change the SIM card, and I am wondering if that would have made a difference.

Dont think I will ever buy another Samsung phone after this mess

I spent 30 minutes on the phone with Verizon today because I have had issues with static and popping on calls since the last update. I also have been having connection issues in areas that I never had problems before. They had me take the sim card out for a couple minutes and put it back in. They are calling me back on Wednesday to see if I am still having issues before proceeding to the next step.

You better call them. My dealings with major issues and the "we'll call back" has always resulted in me taking action cause I never hear back.

Yeah if I don't hear from them by the time they said they will call, I will be calling them. Since my last conversation with them, I have been tracking my signal strength and call quality every place I have been for my job and it is quite telling that there is a problem with either their network, both 3g and 4g, or my phone.

Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted, Unlocked

Well guys, I am going back to the Galaxy Nexus. Verizon is sending me one. After three Charges went through the same issue and changing the SIM card didn't help, the rep suggested changing phones. I couldn't get the Maxx, but she allowed the Nexus, and suggested the extended battery.

I wish you all luck and thanks for the help guys.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

May be the network. Local VZ rep "heard" there was regional issue in southeast. Both my Charges and my REVO have had intermittent data for the last 2 weeks. (A friend's Charge also). I am rooted, my friend is not. My daughters NEXUS is having the same issue. Hopefully they will fix soon. Very frustrating.

Hope this helps I have looked hi and low I'm at the end and here is what I have discovered

http://www.androidpolice.com/2011/12...g-data-signal/
    Thanked by 2:

Check out my post hope it helps

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by smbrooks32 View Post
    Hope this helps I have looked hi and low I'm at the end and here is what I have discovered

This Is Why Your Verizon Galaxy Nexus (Or Other 4G LTE VZW Phone) Is Losing Its Data Connection
    It's not encouraging (or surprising) that it's still an issue across many devices 1/2 a year after that post. It's better than it used to be on the Charge to be sure, but I still have this issue from time to time. At least this explains why it's happening.

Yeah and when I speak with the tech support of this matter they are fully aware and I have been told either I can reactivate my old POS phone or wait for the next update which there's no ETA for it

had the same problem after installing custom rom ( ics for desire ) , solved it by installing "data connection fix" from google play, now works perfect