1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default STOP the Insanity and the Apps from Auto-loading! - HELP

OK, it seems that in the last month or two (I'm at FP1) the phone has slowed down a lot and it's pre/self loading apps that I rarely and haven't used since it's last restart.

Yes, Yes I know that it's supposed to be smart enough to not let these apps slow down the phone and just because they are loading doesn't mean they are running, but as soon as I kill them (ATK) then phone is more responsive, that is until the phone re-loads/runs them.

It's loading things like the B&N account, TuneIn Radio, Turning Point, Maps and IM.

I've root'ed and froze (TiBu) several Apps that I never use, but what is the current best method to stop the Apps from auto starting?

Yes I've read the other applicable post and after reviewing some of the app recommendations, I don't see a true good method to fix this.

Thanks,
    Will
    Thanked by:

This bugs me too. Not all of the apps are Verizon bloatware either. I want some of them, but only running when I tell them too!

ROM
    Eclipse 2.0

Default Re: STOP the Insanity and the Apps from Auto-loading! - HELP

Quote Originally Posted by starbuckk View Post
    This bugs me too. Not all of the apps are Verizon bloatware either. I want some of them, but only running when I tell them too!
    I'll agree to that , runn when i want not when it fires up. , i checked the apps management the other day and it had loaded "Texas Holdem Pro" some game i never play, and a few others that have nothing to do with what i wanna do at that moment.
    But let us look ahead. so far i think the droid charge is not on the list for any dev. I believe we have what we're gonna get and nothing more.. what a shame too!! I've had the very same droid charge since VZW swapped the crappy Fascinate, (a piece of chit) for the charge. its never failed me at any point and recieves/makes calls, the Fassy didnt have enough power to update its self, much less run anything else..

i hang with this droid cause i am pissed at Verizon for not allowing the unlimited data plans be grandfathered in. So one night when i feel like i I may just download the Britanica encylpedia (misspelled) just for the hell of it..

Default Re: STOP the Insanity and the Apps from Auto-loading! - HELP

I've resisted rooting because it seems a bit complicated and most of the how to threads are based on pre-fp5 release. But the phone is now a year old so post warranty. I may do it to resolve all this. Just wish there was a way to get ICS.
    The bloatware IS causing slowdowns. It needs to go.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2