mystiphi

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Last edited:

shobuddy

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone tried this method:

Download "OTA rootkeeper" from the market to temporary unroot, take the FP5 OTA, the use rootkeeper to restore root.

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
I still keep pressing later... just re-rooted the other night and not sure what's going to happen... I'm not too savvy but if anyone in my situation can give me a heads up I'm running 2.3.6 and all I've done is installed su and there is voodoo something that I believe is from a previous root (I did not perform or have a clue) and basically will turn off updates if I'm not gonna either keep my root or be able to restore it. Any ideas?

Sent from my SCH-I510

shobuddy

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone tried this method:

Download "OTA rootkeeper" from the market to temporary unroot, take the FP5 OTA, the use rootkeeper to restore root.

I tried it but it didn't work.

Downloaded OTA rootkeeper, backed up root, unrooted, and installed OTA, however, I'm still on FP1 and now my update notification is gone. I was able to restore root using the app though. How can I get the update now that OTA notification is gone? Will the notification come back?

adobeman

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
If you decide to edit your build.prop file to get rid of the nag make sure you check the file permissions before and after. ES File Explorer CHANGES PERMISSIONS. I didn't notice this and got a boot LOOP!! After Odin-ing EP4 and then applying FP1 zip again I was MUCH MORE CAREFUL about it. I edited the file again, fixed the permissions, rebooted, deleted the FP5 zip from /cache and the nag is gone.

Reactions: danep

W_A_Watson_II

Jun 21, 2011
wawii.com
I have noticed after FP5 that I now get occasional 4G signal at my house that I never got before. Could be a strange coincidence but it started after I wiped and reloaded my phone and let the updates install. Signal has always been so bat at the ouse for 3G, to get an occasional 4G signal is great.

paulwall8742

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I noticed after the update to FP5 That Verizon made me log into 'my Verizon' to access such apps as the NFL Mobile app. when in the past its never done that before? I've never had to log into Verizon to run NFLmobile.