1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default FP5 Update?

Anyone have any release notes? I dont plan on updating just yet but I'm just curious...

Default Re: FP5 Update?

I updated this morning and have not had much of a chance to look hard but I see nothing new at a first glance. For what it is worth.......

Mike

My wife got her update yesterday. She said she couldn't see any changes except that her phone runs much more smoothly in terms of scrolling and faster at opening up apps. Hopefully this topic will not turn into a rooting one like the other.

Quote Originally Posted by andunn31 View Post
    My wife got her update yesterday. She said she couldn't see any changes except that her phone runs much more smoothly in terms of scrolling and faster at opening up apps. Hopefully this topic will not turn into a rooting one like the other.
    Yup me too.

I have noticed after FP5 that I now get occasional 4G signal at my house that I never got before. Could be a strange coincidence but it started after I wiped and reloaded my phone and let the updates install. Signal has always been so bat at the house for 3G, to get an occasional 4G signal is great.

after I updated Verizon made me log into 'my Verizon' the account I use to keep up with my data for the my Verizon data tracking widget, just to access NFL Mobile. It's never made me sign into anything to access NFL Mobile or any of my other apps besides the data widget prior to this update...Idk if that's a 'feature' of this new update or my charge is just acting stupid as it likes to do from time to time.

Thumbs down Re: FP5 Update?

It installs yet another application from the $hitware factory known as VZW called Apps.. That's right- an app called "apps"

... To go along with the 10 other useless apps they installed without my consent.. and the 8 or so crapps that Samsung polluted the phone with..

And it broke my bluetooth. Again. For the second time- my phone will no switch to or from the car when on a call.

C'mon all you lawyer types.. Where are you?

Well my reception is much worse since the update...who knows..time to retire it perhaps

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Android Central Forums

Seems to be a bug when charging from cradle now. When fully charged it gives a critical low battery warning.

It stopped bugging me... wonder if they found something wrong? Didn't want to unroot to update then reroot... don't make enough phone calls for it to matter. Advice?
    Sent from my SCH-I510