1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default rooted droid charge will not receive incoming calls

I bought a phone on Craigslist and it was already rooted but the major problem is my phone will not receive incoming calls, does not ring but calls show up in call log. Voicemail works fine, is this because the phone is rooted or something else?

Default Re: rooted droid charge will not receive incoming calls

Have you done a factory reset? If it doesn't work, are you willing to flash to stock software onto the phone? You can't send it to Verizon or show it off in store if it is rooted, they won't like that. You'll want to flash back to stock via Odin first, which may fix your phone in the process, but if it doesn't Verizon may then be able to assist.
    I am NOT the person set as my icon, and no, I don't know who she is.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Tried the factory reset and still same problem, if I flash to Odin what are the chances that my phone will turn into a brick?

Flashing with Odin should be safe as long as you're using a good file properly. Droid Charge with Odin must always be used with "PDA" and never with "PHONE". If you flash it under phone, it will be bricked.

Whichever set of instructions you choose to follow, make sure to read it a couple of times through in order so you're prepared. Other than that you should be fine.
    I am NOT the person set as my icon, and no, I don't know who she is.

ROM
    Eclipse 2.0

be sure when you get ready to start odin to send info yo your phone, stick the battery back in the phone.. seems the Charge loves having the battery iin when doing an odin operation.. if you dont you will always get a "Failed" msg