Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Need advice on warr replacement

I have been having a bunch of probs with my charge, battery life, overheating, screen going almost black, etc. I am on my 3rd or 4th charge. I talked with cs today and they offered me a rezound or a nexus with no contract extension. I wanted the nexus and when she went to enter the orders, they were out of the back doors. She said we could try for another device maybe the incredible but I just dont know what to do. I was running stock on the charge but think I may want to root this one. never done it but am familiar with command prompt etc. What would you guys do? wait for the nexus? or go with rezound or incredible?

Default Re: Need advice on warr replacement

Hard choice there....

If it was me I would get on the newest device available for best support. In this case either the GNex or the Rezound. Both have a decent shelf life left on them.

Again this is just me but that is one way to look at it.

Charge was a good phone but is getting outdated and isn't the talk of the scene much anymore.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks, I was able to find an extended battery and cover on amazon and they are going to credit my bill for that amount so I will still get the nexus. I appreciate the input...

Must be nice. I am on my 3rd charge and warranty run out in November. They keep sending me the same crap phone.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by t_kopta View Post
    Must be nice. I am on my 3rd charge and warranty run out in November. They keep sending me the same crap phone.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Android Central Forums
    Normally the rule of thumb with carrier insurance (Asurion, etc) is you have to go thru at least 3 refurbs before you get the option to swap out to a different device. That is what I found out when I went down this road a while back myself. Finally at #4 they gave me the option to swap.

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

Well the good thing about getting replacements is that it solves one of the key problems of this phone, which is the battery. You keep your old battery and they send a new one every time. That's why I have 4 batteries now and never have to worry about my phone dying.
    Btw all of my replacements resulted from my fault, not the phone's.