OTG Without rooting?
I bought a Dtech solar hub and USB host cable which works great on my HP Touchpad in WebOS. But it seems all of the available Android apps for this, at least for the Charge version, require rooting.
So please confirm:
1. Do I need to root?
2. If i do will I be able to use this on my phone for thumb drives?
Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2
- 09-30-2012, 04:05 PM #2
- 111 Posts
- GummyCharged 2.1
Re: OTG Without rooting?
What are you looking to do with this? Just charge, transfer data, or rooting? I would not use it for ROMs or rooting. Data transfer may work. And be careful with charging. A balance and proper management is needed between amps, volts, etc... The piece called the charge controller must be regulated so as not to hurt or fry your Droid Charge battery. This is the same for any device. Just be careful with such a low cost solar charger. If your battery feels extra hot, I would pull it right away.
- By kdog23beast in forum Samsung MomentReplies: 1Last Post: 07-01-2010, 11:59 PM
- By rem_kujawa in forum Software Development and HackingReplies: 10Last Post: 06-25-2010, 10:54 PM
- By xIcarus in forum Software Development and HackingReplies: 1Last Post: 06-20-2010, 02:55 AM
- By rem_kujawa in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 3Last Post: 06-18-2010, 02:24 AM
- By Brett in forum Motorola DroidReplies: 11Last Post: 01-04-2010, 07:32 PM