Droid Charge: Damaged SD card Error / Won't Mount - Fix??

JPSid

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Re: Damaged Sd card Error / Wont Mount - Fix??

dear..dear..dear....aaa tere haath choom loon...
you really save my day...week...month...year....YES, my one year old 32G was showing damaged suddenly one day in Xperia-ZR & was used in HTC desire for more than a year. So, it means lots of data, photoes, files...everything... Luckily i found your post after so much so much of googling, tubing...& it WORKED IN FIRST ATTEMPT...!! So cool.....!!!!!
So..iOS, Kitkat...WP8.1...CM10 or 20...whatever comes & compete...but basics are basics....you proved it & u are a master man.
Thanks a lot again......:)

Christian Guinac

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site

I tried doing the command but it said "Access Denied as you do not have sufficient privileges: You have to invoke this utility running in elevated mode"

Sha Syed

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site

i tried exactly above mentioned. but when i typed chkdsk /x/f G: it should scan and clean bad sect but an error message shown "cannot open volume for direct access". i tried all methods but its not working please help me out i dont want to loose 1000 pics.

Asim Raza Khan

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site

Hi, i need help

i have a SD card of 4gb.I accidentally removed it when it was formatting and now i didn't able to format it using Windows Format or Mobile formatting, when i try to format it gives me a Write Protect error, and when i did this "chkdsk /x/f G:" is says it can't do this on RAW :( . what i do, i want my card back please help me out...

pau009

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site

please help me i also experience the damage in my 8gb micro sdhc kingston.. i try to insert it in other phones but it said that it is damage needed to format but when i try to format it is failed i also try the chkdsk but nothing happens it says "cannot open volume from direct access" what will i do? and when i click the logo in the taskbar if you want to safely removed the sd card nothing in there but a "...." and i cannot click it.. please help me..

thank you in advance..

dhsu0701

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site

Hello mukundrathod111 ,
I am having the same problem. So, I tried your suggestion, but every time I do it , cmd gives me message: 'chkdsk' is not a recognized internal or external command, operable program or batch file. Is there anything I should do with the path or something like that? what path do i have to setup? Hope to get help from you. Thank you.

Jena Starr

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site

Hi i am having the same prob with having error and it has all my daughters pictures from when she was born. I tried the run option but it telling me cannot open volume, I have a new hp computer. any help will be great appreciated. its file F.
thanks

Saksham Mahendru

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site

buddy RAW means no file system is mounted on your sd card. .
try using partition magic or similar software and then completly format your sd card to fix it. . .

also if your data is imp . . recover it from any data recovery softwares. . . :cool::cool:

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site

I've been getting this same message on my S3 and am afraid to reformat it for fear of losing all my contacts. If the only issue is the videos and pics would it be safe to download everything on my laptop and go ahead and reformat my SD card? I am so not tech savvy so any help would be greatly appreciated.

ThaDraGun

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site

I think I Got it Finally.
Recovering Data is not the solution Not even Formatting your SD card.
I have the same problem after some days it doesn't load some Apps in Android when i check it in the settings it shows "DAMAGED SD CARD"
I tried to connect with SD CARD Adapter slot in my Laptop but still couldn't detect and it asked to Format it.
I tried to fix it with "CHKDSK" utility but couldn't do it through windows.
But could do it with command prompt.
Not if you have the same problem follow.....

connect your SD card to computer.
open command prompt.
How ? .......
open run from start button
then type "cmd"
now type

chkdsk /X /F <SD card drive letter>:

If its K drive then

chkdsk /X /F K:

It will check your card and will repair it.
Have patience it will take around 10 min.
when it is done windows will detect your card evn your android phone.
Have a nice day......:D:D:D:D:D

THANKS!!
This worked.

Took 2 seconds to fix it.

Edit:

So it kind of worked. As soon as I stuck it in my phone it said it was corrupted again. I plugged it back into my pc and did the cmd again and the sd card was fixed again. However, I noticed almost all the files were gone. Only one folder of pictures appeared and all my apps are gone.

The apps I dont really care about, I can replace those. The pictures and videos I cant tho.
Right now Im trying PhotoRec (http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/PhotoRec) and so far it seems to be working. 105 pictures recovered and 4 videos.

So do cmd so that windows will allow you to access the sd card then use photorec to recover any files that were lost.

Last edited:

Brandon Matthews

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site

okay I'm officially read every post on this thread and no one has answered the question that was posted about when we put in the "chkdsk" command we receive the error that says "cannot open volume for direct access" what should I do after that nothing seems to be working for me and it's starting to drive me crazy please help thank you

Benedict Estrada

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site

I think I Got it Finally.
Recovering Data is not the solution Not even Formatting your SD card.
I have the same problem after some days it doesn't load some Apps in Android when i check it in the settings it shows "DAMAGED SD CARD"
I tried to connect with SD CARD Adapter slot in my Laptop but still couldn't detect and it asked to Format it.
I tried to fix it with "CHKDSK" utility but couldn't do it through windows.
But could do it with command prompt.
Not if you have the same problem follow.....

connect your SD card to computer.
open command prompt.
How ? .......
open run from start button
then type "cmd"
now type

chkdsk /X /F <SD card drive letter>:

If its K drive then

chkdsk /X /F K:

It will check your card and will repair it.
Have patience it will take around 10 min.
when it is done windows will detect your card evn your android phone.
Have a nice day......:D:D:D:D:D

:) tnx my friend :) it worked!!!! Good job!

Benedict Estrada

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site

Hi, i need help

i have a SD card of 4gb.I accidentally removed it when it was formatting and now i didn't able to format it using Windows Format or Mobile formatting, when i try to format it gives me a Write Protect error, and when i did this "chkdsk /x/f G:" is says it can't do this on RAW :( . what i do, i want my card back please help me out...

dude checked out the proper spacing and proper command! :)

temo gochitashvili

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site

hello i see u helped many people but for me it cant work it writes: ??? ???????? ???????: RAW.CHKDSK ?????????? ??? ?????? RAW. and does nothing:':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)'(

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad