Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
Like Tree16Likes

Default Re: Droid Charge: Damaged SD card Error / Won't Mount - Fix??

when type chkdsk /X /F <SD card drive letter>: in cmd... there said can't do for raw drive... which mean of this and how to do?

I have the same issue as Chen Meiying and I'm frustrated cause my 32GB SDHC cost me much money

Same problem as some others here:

The type of the file system is RAW.
    CHKDSK is not available for RAW drives.

This did not work for me...

How did you fix it my sd card is doing the same thing yours is and I need it to store all my photos on it that I have of my daughter and everything else I have a lot of my music on the sd card as well

Default Re: Damaged Sd card Error / Wont Mount - Fix??

MY laptop can read the SD card but my Galaxy S3 is saying the SD card is either blank or has unsupported files on what should I do

Global Posts
    50 Global Posts

I did the "chkdsk /X /F <SD card drive letter>: in cmd" a few weeks ago and it worked flawlessly. This time around when I tried it, i got "Cannot opem volume for direct acess"
    Anyone have a new fix or an explanation behind this error message??

Thanks in advance

I know this is a old thread but I need help my memory card is not working it says mount sd card but its in already. .I have lost all pics vids and music it also wont recognise it in my camera or galaxy tab.not even a notification to say i have inserted a memory card I have a Samsung galaxy s3 mini any help is greatly appreciated it has the birth of my baby and first xmas etc :-( really badly want them back. I don't want to format it as need pics of off it.i currently dont have a pc so havent tried the instructions put up im not in any way a computer boffin so wouldnt know how to anyway

If laptop is recognising it I don't see the problem? Just copy all the pics on top laptop..?

Exclamation Re: Droid Charge: Damaged SD card Error / Won't Mount - Fix??

guys please help me out,
    my newly bought transcend micro sd (8gb) isn't mounting on my android phone (samsung galaxy s3 mini)
    -it always says "damaged sd card" and when i insert it in my computer, it always says that "the disk in drive d: is not formatted, format it now?"
    -but when i format it, it always says that "windows is not able to complete the format."
    -when i use the "chkdsk" on "command prompt." it says that "the type of the file system is RAW. CHKDSK is not available for raw drives.
    please help me out =(
    i lost my every precious files and softwares...=(( PLEASE HELP

when i tried the command prompt all it said was "cannot open volume for direct access."

guyz i already finish @ cmd after that i insert it in my cp but theres a noti. damage SD CARD IS DAMAGE...... plz help.... T.Y.

I have a 32gb sandisk microsd card and I can't copy anything to it. After copying no files will show in the card and the space is free in the card. And when I remove the card and reinsert in my SGS4, It says it is damaged. Somerimes it is working. Please give me a solution to this. .

Quote Originally Posted by wicc View Post
    I don't know how to thank you enough -- I was using my phone, turned it off and then back on. When it finished booting, the micro sd would not load up and my GS3 was telling me that the card was corrupt and telling me to format it. It would not mount or anything. When I put the micro sd into a usb reader, it was doing the same thing. My cpu was telling me it was corrupt and needed formatting. When I checked the properties, it showed the card was empty.

When I followed your very easy steps to repair. Less than 10 seconds later (literally) it was working again....Not a single file was missing....

I am so glad that I came across your post. You saved my life, my phone, my sanity and most importantly the sd card. I can't thank you enough for your post.

-- THANK YOU -- THANK YOU -- THANK YOU --

Very Much Appreciated, wicc

my pc is also saying to format it.
    it says that cannot open volume for direct acess
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456