Droid Charge: Damaged SD card Error / Won't Mount - Fix??

Somdk

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
Re: Damaged Sd card Error / Wont Mount - Fix??

yes it is and i use some software recovering stuff to get some files luckily i recovered some but im still trying to fix it.it is visible on the my computer and yes CHKDSK didnt read it cause its says its unavailable for RAW drives.btw is CHKDSK some sort of disk protocol or something like the ones u used for hidden drive files?

I will not say it myself, but CHKDSK checks for errors on disks, as the name suggests. You read more about it on Google. Also in dos/command key in HELP CHKDSK to know more about its functions, i think thats the proper code. Also have you tried Recuva, it only saved me when my memory card went currpt.

Nexed26

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site

I will not say it myself, but CHKDSK checks for errors on disks, as the name suggests. You read more about it on Google. Also in dos/command key in HELP CHKDSK to know more about its functions, i think thats the proper code. Also have you tried Recuva, it only saved me when my memory card went currpt.
Recuva?ok amma try it later.so does it also recover phone files saved in te sd card?im really hoping on recovering them anyways thanks buddy :)

Somdk

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site

Recuva?ok amma try it later.so does it also recover phone files saved in te sd card?im really hoping on recovering them anyways thanks buddy :)

I had kept only media files on the card. Yes got it all back after i accidentally formatted the card :p. But i am not very sure, what do you mean by phone files ? I remember choosing the wanted files types to be picked up by the Recuva software.

Nexed26

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site

I had kept only media files on the card. Yes got it all back after i accidentally formatted the card :p. But i am not very sure, what do you mean by phone files ? I remember choosing the wanted files types to be picked up by the Recuva software.
for some reasons i installed my phone files/applications on my sd card i really dont know why and what made me do but yeah it happened and now im still hoping of somewhat recovering it

Flavour of Locke

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site

I ended up having a very simple fix.

I'm running OS X and I used an adaptor to plug in my microSD card to my laptop.
  1. When I first opened Disk Utility (in Applications>Utilities), the SD card showed up but the "NO NAME" partition was grayed out.
  2. So, I selected the SD card and ejected it, then pulled it out and reinserted it into the reader.
  3. This time, the "NO NAME" partition was black. I held my breath and clicked the Repair Disk button and, voila, my Samsung GS3 displayed all my pictures and videos once more (after putting it back in my phone - don't forget to eject!)

I turned on WiFi sync on Dropbox again.

wicc

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site

I don't know how to thank you enough -- I was using my phone, turned it off and then back on. When it finished booting, the micro sd would not load up and my GS3 was telling me that the card was corrupt and telling me to format it. It would not mount or anything. When I put the micro sd into a usb reader, it was doing the same thing. My cpu was telling me it was corrupt and needed formatting. When I checked the properties, it showed the card was empty.

When I followed your very easy steps to repair. Less than 10 seconds later (literally) it was working again....Not a single file was missing....

I am so glad that I came across your post. You saved my life, my phone, my sanity and most importantly the sd card. I can't thank you enough for your post.

-- THANK YOU -- THANK YOU -- THANK YOU --

Very Much Appreciated, wicc

wicc

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site

I think I Got it Finally.
Recovering Data is not the solution Not even Formatting your SD card.
I have the same problem after some days it doesn't load some Apps in Android when i check it in the settings it shows "DAMAGED SD CARD"
I tried to connect with SD CARD Adapter slot in my Laptop but still couldn't detect and it asked to Format it.
I tried to fix it with "CHKDSK" utility but couldn't do it through windows.
But could do it with command prompt.
Not if you have the same problem follow.....

connect your SD card to computer.
open command prompt.
How ? .......
open run from start button
then type "cmd"
now type

chkdsk /X /F <SD card drive letter>:

If its K drive then

chkdsk /X /F K:

It will check your card and will repair it.
Have patience it will take around 10 min.
when it is done windows will detect your card evn your android phone.
Have a nice day......:D:D:D:D:D

I don't know how to thank you enough -- I was using my phone, turned it off and then back on. When it finished booting, the micro sd would not load up and my GS3 was telling me that the card was corrupt and telling me to format it. It would not mount or anything. When I put the micro sd into a usb reader, it was doing the same thing. My cpu was telling me it was corrupt and needed formatting. When I checked the properties, it showed the card was empty.

When I followed your very easy steps to repair. Less than 10 seconds later (literally) it was working again....Not a single file was missing....

I am so glad that I came across your post. You saved my life, my phone, my sanity and most importantly the sd card. I can't thank you enough for your post.

Somdk

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site

For everyone's information can you please tell what did you provide when the end of the chkdsk you are asked for Y or N ?

Ps-that will give this thread a permanent solution....

Please do share.....

Sent using AC Forums mobile app

Last edited:

arooj miran

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site

my sd card isnt mounting...!!
a massage is coimg " damage sd card"
dude help me out...i have my bundle of pics in it...and i havent saved any where else

Somdk

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site

Did you read all the prelim checks mentioned in this thread ?

Somdk

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site

my sd card isnt mounting...!!
a massage is coimg " damage sd card"
dude help me out...i have my bundle of pics in it...and i havent saved any where else
i have a lil problem
its saying "can not open for direct access..what should i do now?
Did you read all the prelim checks mentioned in this thread ?

firstly,
Check if you are inserting the sd card properly. Listen for the click when it correctly enters its slot.

Do not transfer any thing new to the sd card now.

Did you try reading it through another mobile drvice ?

Did you try to read it using a mirco sd card reader ? What is it showing on the pc ?

Please mention the details.

Also mention the basic info your sd card and thr device on which you were using this card.

Somdk

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site

Read all the posts and did you try any of the solutions mentioned here in this thread ?

Somdk

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site

i dont know why my comp is sayin " volume can not be accessed directly.."
help me out with this

What sort of files did you have on the sd card ?

As a usb drive or a mobile storage drive (the icon of which looks different).

When you right click on the drive representing the sd card, what options are shown ? Is the option to format is there ?

No matter what solution you find and apply, please read the pros and con well before well.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance