Droid Charge: Damaged SD card Error / Won't Mount - Fix??

iMantisNZ

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: Damaged Sd card Error / Wont Mount - Fix??

I ended up having a very simple fix.

I'm running OS X and I used an adaptor to plug in my microSD card to my laptop.
  1. When I first opened Disk Utility (in Applications>Utilities), the SD card showed up but the "NO NAME" partition was grayed out.
  2. So, I selected the SD card and ejected it, then pulled it out and reinserted it into the reader.
  3. This time, the "NO NAME" partition was black. I held my breath and clicked the Repair Disk button and, voila, my Samsung GS3 displayed all my pictures and videos once more (after putting it back in my phone - don't forget to eject!)

I turned on WiFi sync on Dropbox again.

Thank you so much! I was panicking that I'd lost all my photos etc. But this worked a charm!

My Samsung Galaxy Ace came up with a message just after I'd finished transferring music to it that the SD Card was damaged. I tried the card in my old Nokia C3-00, and it still didn't work. I reluctantly decided to format the card, however it wouldn't format. After trying the command prompt-theory which results in it spitting out that it CHKDSK isn't available for RAW drives, I tried your theory. I plugged my phone into my computer via USB cable, and it asked to format the SD Card. I checked in My Computer and noticed a new drive that had the same letter as my SD Card previously named "Removable Disk (H:). I ejected it, disconnected the USB via the phone, and removed the SD Card and reinserted it. Straight away, it recognized it and all of my files came back.

If the first method doesn't work, definitely try this one! (y) :):)

Andi Bowden

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site

I dropped my phone earlier at work & My sd card wont work & keeps saying " mount sd card' I have done all I know to do, and I have LOST ALL MY PICTURES! cant take pics or upload pic on apps ect. help me please?
thanks,
andi:'(

Somdk

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site

Did you try to insert the sd card into some other micro sd card reader and checking off the sd card is accessible or not ?

Sent using AC Forums mobile app

ilovekiki92

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site

hey my sd card slot holder wont keep my card in the slot it keeps popping out and it will not read my card? please help

Somdk

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site

hey my sd card slot holder wont keep my card in the slot it keeps popping out and it will not read my card? please help

Have carefully tried to insert the card in the slot ? Slowly and carefully push it in till you hear a click. Dont try too hard as that might injure the sd card. If it continues not fit in, take it to a nearby store.

cossak2007

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site

Used above suggestions without a solution.
Could not read files on sd disk with phone or Windows 7
File system was corrupted so I used chkdsk <drive> with /R along with the /F option.
This fixes bad sectors and repairs disk.
Saved me from formatting the sd card.

Somdk

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site

Used above suggestions without a solution.
Could not read files on sd disk with phone or Windows 7
File system was corrupted so I used chkdsk <drive> with /R along with the /F option.
This fixes bad sectors and repairs disk.
Saved me from formatting the sd card.
I too had this problem but as I didn't know DOS much did not use chkdsk. Found another way to get back my pictures. Can you share a particular point in your way of solving this problem ?

cornyflakes

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site

For everyone's information can you please tell what did you provide when the end of the chkdsk you are asked for Y or N ?

Ps-that will give this thread a permanent solution....

Please do share.....

I too would like to know about this little Y/N detail. anyone?

Amjad Nawaz

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site

Hi,

Sr,

How are you ?

I am Amjad Can you help me please repair the my Tablet Android error the Damaged sd card and no accept usb stick for conacted the inter net .

Thank you with Regard

- - - Updated - - -

Hi,

Sr,

How are you ?

I am Amjad Can you help me please repair the my Tablet Android error the Damaged sd card and no accept usb stick for conacted the inter net .

Thank you with Regard

Somdk

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site

Hi,

Sr,

How are you ?

Thank you with Regard

- - - Updated - - -

Hi,

Sr,

How are you ?

Thank you with Regard

Hello
What do you mean by "no accept usb stick for contacted the internet" ?

Android Central App....Rocks:cool:!!

V_uK_i

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site

hei
exuse me i have a question my wt19i cant mount sd card i dont now why i took the phone in my pc to take some photos and in the moment he broke and take a restart after the restart get noftifaticon a blank sd card a take a new sd card a insert to the phone but is the same wont to mount the card and the old card works by anothers phone i formatet ,factory reset, hard reset , flash a new firmware but dont wont to mount sd cards

plsss help me any suug...
thanks in advanced and exuse me for my bad english

Somdk

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site

It might a device problem....take it to a proper service center.

milci

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site

it didn't work in my PC
the PC said "the type of the file system is RAW, chkdsk is not available for RAW driver"
???? :( helphelphelp

missjess2006

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site

I attempted to do this but I am still running into a problem.
I am attaching a screen shot of my command prompt screen.

Last edited:

Somdk

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site

There is no screen shot.
There is no attachment.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
livinlavidaloca