Memory full

starbuckk

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Had my Charge just over a year and starting to get memory full errors.

The offenders seem to be Calendar, Speaktoit Assistant and Enhanced Email. I've had all of these for a very long time so its a little odd that this is starting now.

Enhanced Email is using 18mb. I recently changed retention on my Exchange account. I would have expected EE to use the card for storage. Am I expecting wrong?

Second, is the bloatware contributing to this? I,ve resisted rooting to get rid of it but now that warranty is no longer a factor I am considering it. I'd rather lose the junkware than the stuff I actually wanted.

Thoughts?

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

mesocyclonic

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
I assume you're talking about the internal storage...since there is 2 GB of storage on the phone, you've had to put a fair amount of data on it. Have you tried moving unused apps or music/pictures to the SD card? The bloatware doesn't take up THAT much space, and 18 MB isn't a significant chunk of 2 GB. Something else must be using it up.

starbuckk

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
This is where I am confused. I see 400+ free memory when I look at the storage page. But if I select Running services I see 228mb used 28mb free.

mesocyclonic

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
This is where I am confused. I see 400+ free memory when I look at the storage page. But if I select Running services I see 228mb used 28mb free.

Sounds like you're talking about the RAM. The Android OS manages RAM on its own, so you don't need to worry about individual programs very often.

In case you haven't read it, here's a good article on Android and RAM:

RAM: What it is, how it's used, and why you shouldn't care | Android Central

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza