Update????

BBBandit

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
Has there been any word on a software update for this phone anytime soon. I keep seeing other phones getting updates.

Last edited:

BBBandit

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
Re: Update

So I am assuming that those of us who cannot root are screwed and Verizon and Samsung do not plan on servicing this phone any longer

starbuckk

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
In what way? Are you having issues? The current release is pretty stable. Verizon rarely announces updates. FP5 showed up totally unexpected. We will not get ICS or JB for sure. But if a security issue were found they might update it.

You don't need root to install Tweaked btw.

Sent from CM9 enhanced Touch pad using Tapatalk.

BBBandit

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
@starbukk, I have not had many issues but always like to feel I have the latest and greatest. So how do you do this Tweaked without being rooted?

starbuckk

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
There is a thread on XDA-Developers on how to do it. You didn't say why you can't root. If it is the complexity of the process you might still not want to do it. Usual caveats apply so do at your own risk. It does get rid of bloatware and improves the interface.

Sent from CM9 enhanced Touch pad using Tapatalk.

BBBandit

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
I can't root because this is a work phone. Rooting made me nervous on my personal phone when I had one.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Android Central Forums

GKWANNABE

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
@Android- op, just to help confirm, unfortunately we won't be getting any updates as far as ICS or JB at all. We're done and stuck with 2.3.6. I'm bummed out myself. I just might check out and try that Tweaked thing, as I am afraid to root my Charge even though its an old phone.

Have you since tried installing TWEAKED!?!:eek:

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

BBBandit

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
I have not yet. Still a little nervous about messing with a work phone. Not to tech savy when it comes to droids either.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Android Central Forums

starbuckk

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Probably better not to with a work phone. Its not rooting but still a pretty big change.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
armeniomanuel