July can not get here soon enough

myotherbrotherdarrell

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I just checked my account and it says that I will be eligible for a discount in July. I can't wait so I can get rid of this piece of excrement.
Mine freezes up at random times and the only way to unfreeze it is to pull the battery.
If I had $800 to spare I would just pay full retail for the Galaxy Note 2. That's how sick of this phone I am!
I actually considered added another line until July but I really don't want my bill to go up any higher.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I just checked my account and it says that I will be eligible for a discount in July. I can't wait so I can get rid of this piece of excrement.
Mine freezes up at random times and the only way to unfreeze it is to pull the battery.
If I had $800 to spare I would just pay full retail for the Galaxy Note 2. That's how sick of this phone I am!
I actually considered added another line until July but I really don't want my bill to go up any higher.
are you running stock or custom rom?

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Have you ever had Verizon send a replacement to you? I had numerous issues with my thunderbolt. They let me have a certified Rezound. Then I ended up having to replace it. Speaker went out on it. Another there was a bad place on the screen.
I was do in April but told I could upgrade in March. They let me upgrade in January.
if you haven't had any replacements call them. Explain your issues. Call from a landline because they will want to trouble shoot it. You have nothing to lose by talking to them. They may offer you a replacement till your upgrade on a different model or may let you upgrade.
Call them

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2

myotherbrotherdarrell

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Have you ever had Verizon send a replacement to you? I had numerous issues with my thunderbolt. They let me have a certified Rezound. Then I ended up having to replace it. Speaker went out on it. Another there was a bad place on the screen.
I was do in April but told I could upgrade in March. They let me upgrade in January.
if you haven't had any replacements call them. Explain your issues. Call from a landline because they will want to trouble shoot it. You have nothing to lose by talking to them. They may offer you a replacement till your upgrade on a different model or may let you upgrade.
Call them

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2

Yeah this is the refurb that I got when I put my original phone though the washer.

myotherbrotherdarrell

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Hmmmmm
Flashed Gummy Charges 1.9 & then PB&J Tweaked kernel w/ext4 conversion.

Seems to be working a lot better now.
I might not have to take this thing to work & have SERT use it for target practice after all...

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Hmmmmm
Flashed Gummy Charges 1.9 & then PB&J Tweaked kernel w/ext4 conversion.

Seems to be working a lot better now.
I might not have to take this thing to work & have SERT use it for target practice after all...

See there you go is like having a new device :D

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

myotherbrotherdarrell

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure it's better than being stock

It's faster than it was the last time I flashed a custom ROM.
The only problem so far is that system update notice that keeps popping up on the screen. That was why I went back to stock to begin with - I couldn't get rid of that pop-up and it was happening a dozen times a day at least.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
It's faster than it was the last time I flashed a custom ROM.
The only problem so far is that system update notice that keeps popping up on the screen. That was why I went back to stock to begin with - I couldn't get rid of that pop-up and it was happening a dozen times a day at least.

There is probably an app you can just freeze. Link me to the rom ill unpack it and see what app is causing the update popup

myotherbrotherdarrell

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
There is probably an app you can just freeze. Link me to the rom ill unpack it and see what app is causing the update popup

[ROM][EE4][ODIN]+[CWM] GummyCharge FE 1.9.1 07/21/11 - TeamGummyCharged - RootzWiki
Full Odin for 1.9.1 + imnuts OTB kernel + working blue imnuts CWM This is a full Odin and will wipe all user data.. It will also complete the lagfix by converting you system to EXT4 on first boot.

then flashed

[2012-12-13]PeanutButta Jelly Time Revived! - xda-developers

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
[ROM][EE4][ODIN]+[CWM] GummyCharge FE 1.9.1 07/21/11 - TeamGummyCharged - RootzWiki
Full Odin for 1.9.1 + imnuts OTB kernel + working blue imnuts CWM This is a full Odin and will wipe all user data.. It will also complete the lagfix by converting you system to EXT4 on first boot.

then flashed

[2012-12-13]PeanutButta Jelly Time Revived! - xda-developers

i cant unpack the image, do me a favor, using a file manager look in /system/app and see if you see any of these apk's or something similar
SDM.apk
FWupdate.apk or FWupgrade.apk
Keychain.apk

myotherbrotherdarrell

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
i cant unpack the image, do me a favor, using a file manager look in /system/app and see if you see any of these apk's or something similar
SDM.apk
Keychain.apk
SDM.apk is there but not the other two

- - - Updated - - -

SDM.apk
Keychain.apk
SDM.apk is there but not the other two