Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 31
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default July can not get here soon enough

    I just checked my account and it says that I will be eligible for a discount in July. I can't wait so I can get rid of this piece of excrement.
    Mine freezes up at random times and the only way to unfreeze it is to pull the battery.
    If I had $800 to spare I would just pay full retail for the Galaxy Note 2. That's how sick of this phone I am!
    I actually considered added another line until July but I really don't want my bill to go up any higher.
  2. #2  
    DroidXcon's Avatar

    Posts
    11,644 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default Re: July can not get here soon enough

    Quote Originally Posted by leblabbiy View Post
    I just checked my account and it says that I will be eligible for a discount in July. I can't wait so I can get rid of this piece of excrement.
    Mine freezes up at random times and the only way to unfreeze it is to pull the battery.
    If I had $800 to spare I would just pay full retail for the Galaxy Note 2. That's how sick of this phone I am!
    I actually considered added another line until July but I really don't want my bill to go up any higher.
    are you running stock or custom rom?
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
  3. #3  

    Default Re: July can not get here soon enough

    Have you ever had Verizon send a replacement to you? I had numerous issues with my thunderbolt. They let me have a certified Rezound. Then I ended up having to replace it. Speaker went out on it. Another there was a bad place on the screen.
    I was do in April but told I could upgrade in March. They let me upgrade in January.
    if you haven't had any replacements call them. Explain your issues. Call from a landline because they will want to trouble shoot it. You have nothing to lose by talking to them. They may offer you a replacement till your upgrade on a different model or may let you upgrade.
    Call them

    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2
    sent from either my Samsung Galaxy Note2 or my
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: July can not get here soon enough

    Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    are you running stock or custom rom?
    Right now stock.

    I was running a custom ROM for a while but I kept getting that really irritating pop=up about an update being available so I went back to stock.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: July can not get here soon enough

    Quote Originally Posted by Jude526 View Post
    Have you ever had Verizon send a replacement to you? I had numerous issues with my thunderbolt. They let me have a certified Rezound. Then I ended up having to replace it. Speaker went out on it. Another there was a bad place on the screen.
    I was do in April but told I could upgrade in March. They let me upgrade in January.
    if you haven't had any replacements call them. Explain your issues. Call from a landline because they will want to trouble shoot it. You have nothing to lose by talking to them. They may offer you a replacement till your upgrade on a different model or may let you upgrade.
    Call them

    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2
    Yeah this is the refurb that I got when I put my original phone though the washer.
  6. #6  
    DroidXcon's Avatar

    Posts
    11,644 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default Re: July can not get here soon enough

    Quote Originally Posted by leblabbiy View Post
    Right now stock.
    Maybe you should root and Rom it, maybe this will give the phone new life for you until its time to get a new one
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: July can not get here soon enough

    Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    Maybe you should root and Rom it, maybe this will give the phone new life for you until its time to get a new one
    I'll see if there's any thing even still available.
    I tried to download a couple from XDA a few months ago & they wouldn't even download.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

    Default Re: July can not get here soon enough

    Hmmmmm
    Flashed Gummy Charges 1.9 & then PB&J Tweaked kernel w/ext4 conversion.

    Seems to be working a lot better now.
    I might not have to take this thing to work & have SERT use it for target practice after all...
  9. #9  
    DroidXcon's Avatar

    Posts
    11,644 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default Re: July can not get here soon enough

    Quote Originally Posted by leblabbiy View Post
    Hmmmmm
    Flashed Gummy Charges 1.9 & then PB&J Tweaked kernel w/ext4 conversion.

    Seems to be working a lot better now.
    I might not have to take this thing to work & have SERT use it for target practice after all...
    See there you go is like having a new device

    From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

    Default Re: July can not get here soon enough

    Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    See there you go is like having a new device

    From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    I just hope it stays that way.
  11. #11  
    DroidXcon's Avatar

    Posts
    11,644 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default Re: July can not get here soon enough

    Quote Originally Posted by leblabbiy View Post
    I just hope it stays that way.
    I'm sure it's better than being stock

    From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

    Default Re: July can not get here soon enough

    Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    I'm sure it's better than being stock

    From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    It's faster than it was the last time I flashed a custom ROM.
    The only problem so far is that system update notice that keeps popping up on the screen. That was why I went back to stock to begin with - I couldn't get rid of that pop-up and it was happening a dozen times a day at least.
  13. #13  
    DroidXcon's Avatar

    Posts
    11,644 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default Re: July can not get here soon enough

    Quote Originally Posted by leblabbiy View Post
    It's faster than it was the last time I flashed a custom ROM.
    The only problem so far is that system update notice that keeps popping up on the screen. That was why I went back to stock to begin with - I couldn't get rid of that pop-up and it was happening a dozen times a day at least.
    There is probably an app you can just freeze. Link me to the rom ill unpack it and see what app is causing the update popup

    From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

    Default Re: July can not get here soon enough

    Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    There is probably an app you can just freeze. Link me to the rom ill unpack it and see what app is causing the update popup

    From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    [ROM][EE4][ODIN]+[CWM] GummyCharge FE 1.9.1 07/21/11 - TeamGummyCharged - RootzWiki
    Full Odin for 1.9.1 + imnuts OTB kernel + working blue imnuts CWM This is a full Odin and will wipe all user data.. It will also complete the lagfix by converting you system to EXT4 on first boot.

    then flashed

    [2012-12-13]PeanutButta Jelly Time Revived! - xda-developers
  15. #15  
    DroidXcon's Avatar

    Posts
    11,644 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default Re: July can not get here soon enough

    Quote Originally Posted by leblabbiy View Post
    [ROM][EE4][ODIN]+[CWM] GummyCharge FE 1.9.1 07/21/11 - TeamGummyCharged - RootzWiki
    Full Odin for 1.9.1 + imnuts OTB kernel + working blue imnuts CWM This is a full Odin and will wipe all user data.. It will also complete the lagfix by converting you system to EXT4 on first boot.

    then flashed

    [2012-12-13]PeanutButta Jelly Time Revived! - xda-developers
    i cant unpack the image, do me a favor, using a file manager look in /system/app and see if you see any of these apk's or something similar
    SDM.apk
    FWupdate.apk or FWupgrade.apk
    Keychain.apk
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

    Default Re: July can not get here soon enough

    Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    i cant unpack the image, do me a favor, using a file manager look in /system/app and see if you see any of these apk's or something similar
    SDM.apk
    FWupdate.apk or FWupgrade.apk
    Keychain.apk
    SDM.apk is there but not the other two

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    i cant unpack the image, do me a favor, using a file manager look in /system/app and see if you see any of these apk's or something similar
    SDM.apk
    FWupdate.apk or FWupgrade.apk
    Keychain.apk
    SDM.apk is there but not the other two
  17. #17  
    DroidXcon's Avatar

    Posts
    11,644 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default Re: July can not get here soon enough

    Quote Originally Posted by leblabbiy View Post
    SDM.apk is there but not the other two

    - - - Updated - - -


    SDM.apk is there but not the other two
    do you know how to freeze or rename it, try that.
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

    Default Re: July can not get here soon enough

    Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    do you know how to freeze or rename it, try that.
    I used Titanium BackUp to forcibly delete it but it also deleted all of my downloaded apps too.
    And now my Home button doesn't work. Apparently my Back button is now my Home button!

    And it deleted all of my google apps so no play store right now.
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

    Default Re: July can not get here soon enough

    OK I give up!
    Reflashing!
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

    Default Re: July can not get here soon enough

    OK!
    Reflashed both & used Titanium Back Up to freeze & then uninstall SDM.apk.
    No update available pop-ups so far...
  21. #21  
    DroidXcon's Avatar

    Posts
    11,644 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default Re: July can not get here soon enough

    Quote Originally Posted by leblabbiy View Post
    OK!
    Reflashed both & used Titanium Back Up to freeze & then uninstall SDM.apk.
    No update available pop-ups so far...
    I think you should be good now. Good job

    From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

    Default Re: July can not get here soon enough

    Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    I think you should be good now. Good job

    From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    No it's still doing it!
    This is REALLY getting on my nerves!
  23. #23  
    DroidXcon's Avatar

    Posts
    11,644 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default Re: July can not get here soon enough

    Quote Originally Posted by leblabbiy View Post
    No it's still doing it!
    This is REALLY getting on my nerves!
    Hmm is there another rom you can try. I can't unpack the rom to check what app is giving the update notic3. Ill see if I can find you vavdiffe re rnt more up to date rom when I get to work later

    From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

    Default Re: July can not get here soon enough

    Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    Hmm is there another rom you can try. I can't unpack the rom to check what app is giving the update notic3. Ill see if I can find you vavdiffe re rnt more up to date rom when I get to work later

    From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    And now it seems to have quit doing it again.
    Maybe the kernel just needed time to finish settling in?
  25. #25  
    DroidXcon's Avatar

    Posts
    11,644 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

    Default Re: July can not get here soon enough

    Quote Originally Posted by leblabbiy View Post
    And now it seems to have quit doing it again.
    Maybe the kernel just needed time to finish settling in?
    Kernels dont really settle in ,, here read up on tweaked rom
    [FP5E][Rom][Cwm][Odin]Tweaked v3.2 UPDATED 12/25 - xda-developers
    after you read through it all and decide if it is something you want to flash the rom links are in post #4
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. AHHHH! I can NOT get a custom ROM on my phone!!!
    By markyoung04 in forum Motorola X Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-28-2011, 10:32 PM
  2. Can not get or send text.
    By BerryChoppy in forum HTC EVO 4G Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-03-2011, 10:34 PM
  3. Can not get out of recovery
    By ruiza997 in forum Barnes & Noble Nook Color
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-03-2011, 07:12 PM
  4. Can not get past SAMSUNG boot screen
    By Dracolan in forum Verizon Fascinate Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-18-2011, 08:55 AM
  5. Can not get into recovery please help.
    By Sere81 in forum Incredible Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-22-2010, 06:57 PM

Posting Permissions