Hunh?? System update

bucrepus

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Just got a system update for my Charge.. 20.7 MB. Need to stop it. Why an update now? I thought this phone would not be updated anymore... How to stop it from loading? I dont even know what version it is..

Update:

Looks like FP8A version

Markctco

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
Just got a system update for my Charge.. 20.7 MB. Need to stop it. Why an update now? I thought this phone would not be updated anymore... How to stop it from loading? I dont even know what version it is..

Update:

Looks like FP8A version

So what is that? It's not Gingerbread is it? Like you, I thought this phone would not get any more updates. Anyone know what's going on?

bucrepus

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Looks like a valid update. I see some talk about it on another forum. I edited my build.prop file to try and stop it. If it does, I will post that it stopped it..

bucrepus

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I edited the build.prop fingerprint(FP5 to FP8), deleted the update file in the \cache and it seems to block the update (so far..) I saw a another post to move to this update and re-root, but there appeared to be some issues, didn't really read any further, My Charge's have been fine forever on FP5..

ToadGunner

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know if the update will stop foxfi from working? This is my only concern. Also, any one who has done the updated, did you see the bloatware removed?

YotaDude10

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I updated mine this morning. It added a photo editor and face unlock. It however did not remove BlockBuster, Tunewiki, or Rhapsody like they state it will on Verizons website. Has anyone else updated and it not delete these blotware apps?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon