The EMAIL APP is being disabled by Verizon for the i510 Charge phone and 170 other Verizon Phones???

tgbyhnujm

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Tuesday - 2/16/2014

I received the following text message from Verizon saying that the "Mobile Email APP" on the Samsung Charge phone and 170 other Verizon phones will be discontinued on 3/28/2014. See the following URL for the complete story.

Mobile Email App on Older Devices Discontinued on 3/28/14 | Verizon Wireless

My question is, will I still be able to use the current email connection that I have used for the past 2 years or will I have to download some other email app for sending and receiving email using the charge phone???

I did find a decent replacement EMAIL APP for the current one that soon will be discontinued from Verizon Phones.

The APP is called "K-9 Mail" and is available FREE at the Google APP store. It has most all of the features that are in the current email APP in the my phone and it works very much the same way as does the current APP.

You might give it a try before the drop dead date of March 28, 2014.

JerryF

Last edited:

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: Is the EMAIL function being disabled by Verizon for the i510 Charge phone???

It really depends on if the "current email connection" your talking about is "Mobile Email APP" or not. I don't have the phone so I can only assume the "Mobile Email APP" is a bloatware app.

tgbyhnujm

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I found a User Manual for K-9 Mail..."SORT OF." The manual will be helpful even though it is still in a state of completion.

https://github.com/k9mail/k-9/wiki/Manual

One other thing, if you set up one email account and later want to add more email accounts do this. Immediately after you first start K-9 Mail tap the Dog's Icon (upper left corner) several times and you'll be able to add more email accounts. After I did this I noticed that there was a plus symbol "+" in the lower right corner of the phone's display for adding email accounts.

Here are some setup instructions for K-9 mail.

http://ag.arizona.edu/calsnet/help/k-9

Here are some FAQs with answers

https://github.com/k9mail/k-9/wiki/FrequentlyAskedQuestions

JerryF

Last edited:

tgbyhnujm

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Zedorda,

When I talk with the folks at Verizon they said that the original APP that came bundled with the i510 Charge phone will no longer work after 3/28/2014; therefore, I must get a new email APP in order to retrieve my email so I am preparing by testing other email apps.

Actually I would rather keep the email app that originally came with the phone.

JerryF

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Most people do not use the email clients that come with their device in my experience. If your device has a web browser you can access your email that way also. Almost each email service also has their own email app. If your a Gmail user the Gmail app is nice I prefer the stock Android email app like you the one that came with my phone.

tgbyhnujm

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I did find an email APP that basically was written for the Droid Charge i510 Phone because it was written to work with the Froyo Operating System and the Charge Phone firmware is Froyo 2.3.6.

It is called MOD.EMAIL FROYO and is free at the Google Play store. I attached a picture if its ICON.

ICON email Froyo.jpg

JerryF

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21