Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Bing or Google?

I know the current lineup of Samsung phones have Bing standard. Does anyone know if this phone will have Google or Bing?

Quote Originally Posted by Elduke View Post
    I know the current lineup of Samsung phones have Bing standard. Does anyone know if this phone will have Google or Bing?
    It might come default to Bing just as all the others. Hopefully Samsung may give users other option.

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

I think in one of the articles on androidcentral main page said it was Bingless
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato

Global Posts
    4,142 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

It *appears* to be bingless, along with the Thunderbolt (as having the "with Google" branding on the back). However, we may see something along the lines of a Bing default with the option to switch to Google services, which is something Froyo is supposed to bring to the Fascinate when it finally arrives.

New York Giants | New Jersey Devils | Colorado Avalanche | New York Knicks

Global Posts
    2,183 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock ICS

Hopefully it is bingless. And hopefully VZW's deal with Microsoft will be ending soon.

Global Posts
    4,142 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Ronindan View Post
    Hopefully it is bingless. And hopefully VZW's deal with Microsoft will be ending soon.
    My guess is that either the deal was cut off, or either modified so that Bing is no longer the default but maybe offered as an alternative to Google services.

Global Posts
    395 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock TouchWiz

Who cares??
    Seriously, it was so freaking easy to put whatever you wanted on the Fascinate, I don't understand the gripe!!
    Robots Will Kill

Global Posts
    11,968 Global Posts

Its the principle .....Hate Bing.

ROM
    stock

It is definitely the principle- more unwanted bloat. No sign of Bing on the Samsung like on the Revolution, but the Fascinate had it, and we know this won't be a "Droid" phone, so I'm more leaning towards yes, but obviously I hope it won't. Although it won't matter because I won't ever throw a cent of my money at Pimpin' Sammy :P

I think that putting Bing on an Android device screws with the continuity of the Google experience. They shouldn't allow it in my opinion. If a person wants Bing they should be able to go the market and get it. Leave Google for the rest of us.

ROM
    stock

Quote Originally Posted by dwaynewilliams View Post
    I think that putting Bing on an Android device screws with the continuity of the Google experience. They shouldn't allow it in my opinion. If a person wants Bing they should be able to go the market and get it. Leave Google for the rest of us.
    +1. Leave Microsoft's product for Microsoft's phones.

Global Posts
    4,142 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by iBowToAndroid View Post
    +1. Leave Microsoft's product for Microsoft's phones.
    Or at least give us a choice. =\

I wonder how much longer Verizon is going to do this thing with Bing on their phones? I heard they do it with their BlackBerry phones too.

ROM
    Evil Fascination 3.5

There's a leak from Costco that says it'll be Droid branded, meaning it will have google like every Droid before it.

Verizon’s Samsung 4G LTE Device Launching April 7? Will be DROID Branded. - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

Quote Originally Posted by adjangs View Post
    There's a leak from Costco that says it'll be Droid branded, meaning it will have google like every Droid before it.

Verizons Samsung 4G LTE Device Launching April 7? Will be DROID Branded. - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog
    Yeah with the new information that this will likely be called the Droid Charge leads us to believe that it will be Google-fied.

It's not that we hate Bing, it's the choice; allow the default search engine to be changed easily and the complaints will go away.