Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Who else is liking this phone?

I'm really feeling this phone for some reason. Samsung will always have the best screen tech and their hardware does not disappoint. I also really like the design of this phone, it looks professional for some reason.

Hopefully we will see all carriers get a version similar to this. I would consider going to Verizon just for this phone and knowing that Verizon will always get the top stuff. However, if I went to Verizon how does selling your phone work? With T-Mobile if I want a new phone I just sell my current one and buy the new one outright, how does that work with Verizon?
    Current Device: HTC Glacier (MT4G)
    Rooted, Overclocked to 1.8Ghz
    Running Gingerbread 2.3.1
    Thanked by:
    KB3MMX 
    AC Adviser

Global Posts
    1,021 Global Posts
    ROM
    Pure Google

I like Samsung but I am not feeling this phone. I hate the bottom. It is kinda ugly to me.
    Android Addict

Global Posts
    1,597 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS / Stock

I'm willing to give it a look over when it comes out. At this point, I'm liking the Bionic. Only time will tell.

Not me - I'm not feeling it at all.

Just saying.
    Thanked by:
    rinco 

Global Posts
    4,142 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Looking like the Bionic or Thunderbolt have my attention at this point. I like Samsung, and still do (despite the Froyo situation), but I'm not digging this thing much. HATE the hardware buttons, and don't particularly care for the overall design of it either.

New York Giants | New Jersey Devils | Colorado Avalanche | New York Knicks

I really don't like the way this phone looks. Let down it's not in the same style as the galaxy s or nexus s. Looks like a blackberry. Thumbs down.

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Im in it for the screen and the way it works, the buttons or the shape is of no concern to me. So im getting one
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato

The screen on it will be a killer, def
    Thanked by:
    KB3MMX 

Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    ROM
    Eclipse v1.2/imnuts PBJ

Thumbs down

Is anyone else kinda dissapointed with Verizon's offerings and this phone? I mean no dual core and no nfc! Sure the screen is nice but now that Verizon is extending the amount of time I will have to wait to upgrade my phone I def. want to make sure that the phone I pick will be one that will be cutting edge for a while and this just feels like a half *** refresh of the Galaxy S phones with a really ugly chin! And lets not even get into the fact that this phone is surely destined to never get an OS update becuz its a Samsung.
    Droid Charge
    Eclipse v1.2/ imnuts PBJ OTB Edn
    If you like what I say, hit the Thanks button!

I would've got down with a nexus s with lte and a sd slot.

Its a good phone but still lacking dual core. At least at&t's galaxy s 2 has a bigger 4.5 inch screen, 1750mAh battery and slightly faster procesor. At&t seems to have the better galaxy s this year.

I'm hoping for an Epic 4g 2 with a 4.3-4.5 super amoled plus screen, 1gb ram, improved camera, dual core procesor, etc.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    ROM
    Eclipse v1.2/imnuts PBJ

Quote Originally Posted by darkhemingway View Post
    I would've got down with a nexus s with lte and a sd slot.
    Oh man I would have jumped on board in a heartbeat, Samsungs hardware is always topnotch its the software followthru that they suck on and at least here Google would be handeling that. But Verizon needs to cram every phone with crapware and bing it out so Nexus is not going to happen
    Droid Charge

Global Posts
    4,142 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by jkeene81 View Post
    Oh man I would have jumped on board in a heartbeat, Samsungs hardware is always topnotch its the software followthru that they suck on and at least here Google would be handeling that. But Verizon needs to cram every phone with crapware and bing it out so Nexus is not going to happen
    Looks like the newest stuff we're seeing from Verizon is bingless, just an FYI

New York Giants | New Jersey Devils | Colorado Avalanche | New York Knicks

Not feeling it. The 4.3 inch screen is too big for me. I find the 4.0 screen on the Fascinate to be the sweet spot, in terms of size. Wishing they had a 4.0 offering and then I'd be in.

Global Posts
    196 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Kerrigan View Post
    Wish that was completely true. Unfortunately, it looks like the LG Revolution is Binged.

Global Posts
    196 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arcadia View Post
    ....if I went to Verizon how does selling your phone work? With T-Mobile if I want a new phone I just sell my current one and buy the new one outright, how does that work with Verizon?
    Same. It's your phone, so if you want a new one, you sell what you have, if that's the way you do it, then you just buy the phone you want for full retail price, and there's no new contract.

Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    ROM
    Eclipse v1.2/imnuts PBJ

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Kerrigan View Post
    Yea I agree except for the LG phone which had bing at CES but thats not really my point just saying that Verizon seems to want to have more control over the content the phone ships with and wouldn't want to be told they cant put what they want on a phone so an unlocked pure Google phone isn't up their alley
    Droid Charge

Yeah i don't see verizon releasing any phone without the bloat, vcast stuff. Can't imagine they'll get a nexus series in the near future.

---- I say the Infuse, won the weekend.

---- And here is my thoughts roundup, of CES. (Still in a holding pattern, with the AC spam filter Gods) : - )
    ---- First, the things that impressed me, from CES. 1st: Samsung Infuse. Big battery, Big screen, Big memory, Big Processor, Big Camera. I hope we see a cdma version soon. 2nd: Samsung Galaxy Tab Love and support. They just keep adding to it. Media Hub support, DLNA, Media agreements, Gingerbread, etc. (my next TV could be a Sammy?)
    Now for the disappointments: Really to many to count. 1st: No mention of Tablet phones? (Yeah, I want to carry around 2 devises, totalling $1400 2nd: HTC & Verizon. Saying this is not your next phone, but the one after that! - WHAT? - They obviously don't know us very well. Its just a warmed over Evo. (Infuse did better) 3rd: Phil going home a day early. L o l. (just kinda kidding) If this show had been, all it was hyped up to be. He would still be there!
    I say Sammy won the day. As much as I hate to say it. I'm a Big HTC Fan. And have been waiting for their tablet, as well. (another no show there) I wanted to see something very special from them. Looks like tech. is on a 2 year cycle?
    --- Thank you all for going, in our absence. And for all the Tweets. Looks like 2011 is going to be a very mediocre year.
    Last edited by SteveIowa; 01-08-2011 at 07:01 PM.

The phone looks Evo thick. I don't like the weight or size of the Evo so I'm thinking I won't like this phone.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

ROM
    MIUI 1.9.9/Netarchy 1.4.0

This phone looks like robocop designed it!
    http://twitter.com/DPtheKid

This phone, like the rest of Samsung's mobile offerings, is crap.

Samsung doesn't believe in any of it's phones to be very good, which is why they feel they have to make a million permutations of the same phone to cover their butts. Ask yourself this: if you launched the Galaxy S series 6 months ago, what is the point of this phone? And if you think Samsung will support this device 6 months from now, you're mistaken. Samsung has already abandoned the Galaxy S phone (2.2 update not until March--when 3.0 is expected to be released!), and these devices are shipping next month with 2.2, when 2.3 came out last month.

Samsung is korean for "sucker".

I like the phone but I don't think that it will be worth the upgrade when it is finally released. If it had come out a month ago or was ready to come out today I would say that it would be a great phone to have. But if it comes out in thee months it will get lost in the crowd.
    If I were never here, you would never know.

Global Posts
    395 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock TouchWiz

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Arcadia View Post
    I'm really feeling this phone for some reason. Samsung will always have the best screen tech and their hardware does not disappoint. I also really like the design of this phone, it looks professional for some reason.

Hopefully we will see all carriers get a version similar to this. I would consider going to Verizon just for this phone and knowing that Verizon will always get the top stuff. However, if I went to Verizon how does selling your phone work? With T-Mobile if I want a new phone I just sell my current one and buy the new one outright, how does that work with Verizon?
    I want one, it looks amazing! !
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast