4.3" Super AMOLED+ !!!

KB3MMX

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm super excited to see the new screen, anyone else?!?!

Looks like Samsung should really stand out again against all the competitions old LCD technology!!

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Oh you Galaxy phone users. I still like SLCD better than SAMOLED. Oversaturated and not as sharp, IMHO. :)

SAMOLED+ might fix that, though, we'll have to see.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Hey I had a G2 with an SLCD and I loved it. I've seen more than my fair share of SAMOLED displays (I sold plenty of Captivates when I worked for AT&T) and the colors are just waaaay too saturated IMO.

Remember the side-by-side that AC did a while back with the Dinc?

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Samsung and HTC is viewing now for best 4.3" screen display.

I would love to do a comparison between my EVO and these new device.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Samsung and HTC is viewing now for best 4.3" screen display.

I would love to do a comparison between my EVO and these new device.

I just had an evo against my phone last night and i was showing how much more vivid the colors were and how washed out the LCD looks compared...i cant go back to an LCD after this

BlackPrince310

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Hey I had a G2 with an SLCD and I loved it. I've seen more than my fair share of SAMOLED displays (I sold plenty of Captivates when I worked for AT&T) and the colors are just waaaay too saturated IMO.

Remember the side-by-side that AC did a while back with the Dinc?

It was a comparison between SLCD and Amoled, not Super Amoled.

bboykin87

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Any chance of these screens coming to other phones or are they going to stay in house with only samsung phones?? I like the screens but hate the phones, I'll never buy another samsung phone again after having the Intercept (and gave it to my GF after getting my evo) and seeing how it has been a total POS for the past few months, that on top of their inability/refusal to update their phones (galaxy line not getting froyo and were on the cusp of Gingerbread)

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Banned for saying that. Oops wrong thread :p

LOL

It was a comparison between SLCD and Amoled, not Super Amoled.

Ah yes. I stand corrected. But wasn't the big advantage of SAMOLED over regular AMOLED improved visibility in direct sunlight? Other than that I haven't seen any measured difference between the two. Again, I could be wrong, but I still stand by liking SLCD better. :)

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
LOL

Ah yes. I stand corrected. But wasn't the big advantage of SAMOLED over regular AMOLED improved visibility in direct sunlight? Other than that I haven't seen any measured difference between the two. Again, I could be wrong, but I still stand by liking SLCD better. :)

To each their own, but I can definitely notice a difference between AMOLED and SAMOLED, and can DEFINITELY see a difference between SAMOLED and SLCD. Just me, though. :p

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
To each their own, but I can definitely notice a difference between AMOLED and SAMOLED, and can DEFINITELY see a difference between SAMOLED and SLCD. Just me, though. :p

+1 agreed and as time goes on OLED's will mature and be even better. OLED's are still in their infancy as far as potential. On a daily basis i see material that is leaps and bounds ahead of current materials in the sAMOLED screens

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site

I can see a difference too. I just wish they would fix the over saturated colors.

+1 agreed and as time goes on OLED's will mature and be even better. OLED's are still in their infancy as far as potential. On a daily basis i see material that is leaps and bounds ahead of current materials in the sAMOLED screens

I completely agree. It's like any other technology that gets better with age (and a few other things ;) ).

It's not just a perceived difference, it's a factual difference. It's like a TV going from B&W to HD :p

I would agree that factually there are differences. I still want to see the SAMOLED+ in person. I could honestly deal with over saturation if the sharpness is better, which according to them it should be.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007