How do I unlock my old Samsung Droid Charge from Verizon to work on Consumer Cellular network?

A

AC Question

Hi. Complete noobie here. I want to use my old Samsung Droid Charge (purchased from Verizon) to work on Consumer Cellular network. Verizon tells me it's not possible. But from reading some forum threads, seems there are some brilliant folks here who may have figured out how to unlock the Samsung Droid Charge to work on a GSM network other than Verizon. If so, how would I do that?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Sorry, but that won't be possible. Verizon is a CDMA network, not GSM. The Charge is an older CDMA-only phone, and doesn't support GSM/UMTS (which is what Consumer Cellular uses for 2G/3G voice and data). The LTE band it supports is 13, which isn't compatible with Consumer Cellular (who uses 4 and 17).

Yireh Enterprises

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
B. Diddy - Thanks for your reply. Not the answer that I was hoping to get - but I really appreciate your thorough explanation. Guess I'll have to purchase another cell phone for use on Consumer Cellular. Thanks again!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles