This is a Droid and it has a name, and it's Robert Paulson (or Droid Charge)

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
http://www.androidcentral.com/nameless-samsung-device-ces-surfaces-samsung-droid-charge

Not everyone is excited about this device, after all it is a Samsung and they are not known for their updates. But their hardware is fantastic and i'm sure those of you who have owned any of the Galaxy phones can't deny that sAMOLED is a sight to behold.

When the fascinate first arrived all i heard was complaints about the soft buttons and now that their is a Samsung with hard buttons i'm hearing the oppisite. I am also hearing how ugly the shape is, well I for one like it. Its about time that a company tries something different, as Samsung keeps attempting such as Continuum and now the Droid Charge.

So for those of you who don't like it I say, different strokes. The beauty about Android is that it allows us all to enjoy the platform while being able to choose from a plethora of devices.

While we are all waiting for the SGS2 phones to appear, I think this 4.3"s of sAMOLED goodness will hold me over.

Bring it on Verizon, Oh and leave the bootloader alone!

rugbyua9

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
DroidXCon,

I have been using and modding my Incredible since release a year ago, so I'm fairly competent with rooting. Never really paid much attention to Samsung devices or anything other than my Incredible in the modding department.

Are Samsung devices easily rooted? Just curious since I know Samsung is stingy on updates themselves, being able to root this device would be a must for me.

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Xcon,

I am +1 with your assessment. I kinda like the shape of this thing. Maybe the ppl who don't like it are former bb users? :D

As a current fascinate owner, I must say samsung hardware is top notch. If the screen is any better than current samoled, which it should be, then I'm all over this thing. I have seen most competitors screens ie the atrix, ip4 and TB and the fasc is much crisper and clearer. They are good until side by side with samoled.

I have played around with the DX and the buttons feel cheap and wiggle around some which is disconcerting. Hope they make the charge ones sturdier.

I'm sure the charge will go through a learning curve at launch with rooting and dev work as the TB is going through now. The fasc is super easy rooting and hacking now.

I would stay with the fasc but just learned my area is getting 4g soon. Them 4g speeds look amazing.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
DroidXCon,

I have been using and modding my Incredible since release a year ago, so I'm fairly competent with rooting. Never really paid much attention to Samsung devices or anything other than my Incredible in the modding department.

Are Samsung devices easily rooted? Just curious since I know Samsung is stingy on updates themselves, being able to root this device would be a must for me.

yeah i can have it rooted under 30 seconds, with no one click roots or adb method, just odin cwm onto the phone and flash a zip and boom rooted

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Rumored release is the 7th. Man that is like next week. Hope this don't turn into the fiasco that the TB went through.
Can't wait till this forum jumps to life and we can bash the TB folks hehe :p

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Rumored release is the 7th. Man that is like next week. Hope this don't turn into the fiasco that the TB went through.
Can't wait till this forum jumps to life and we can bash the TB folks hehe :p

my only hang up is that i am going to buy the Charge in april, and the SGS2 in may if the rumors are true. Oh well gotta do what i gotta do

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
I was looking for info on the SGS2..not much that I could find.
Whats so good about it? I suspect dual core and 4g?
Got any links for info?

colesl4w

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
after hearing about some of the issues with the Thunderbolt (battery life, 4G, light leaks) I'm deffinetly looking at this phone more. I feel like I'd be confident enough at rooting and modding my phone, so I'm ok with the lack of updates. hopefully it doesn't have any issues to start.

rugbyua9

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
BTW, Droid-Life just posted an article saying the Charge was going to be $299... wow... i don't know what to say about that. Everything has to be right on this phone or I might hold out till the S2 or just jump on the Thunderbolt.

socal

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
BTW, Droid-Life just posted an article saying the Charge was going to be $299... wow... i don't know what to say about that. Everything has to be right on this phone or I might hold out till the S2 or just jump on the Thunderbolt.

That seems way overpriced especially since there is not much interest in the phone right now, at least in this forum.

I wanted to see how it compares to the Bolt but that price my scare me off.

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Well this is the week supposedly for the release.
Strange and wierd there is ZERO hype on this thing. I mean there were ppl going nutso for the TB for at least a couple months.

Im just hoping it just drops....no fanfare ...just bam on thursday its here.

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Ok its tuesday....don't they usually announce phones on tuesday for release on thursday?

Guess its not this week. Why do they tease us with all these rumors. GRRR

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Ok its tuesday....don't they usually announce phones on tuesday for release on thursday?

Guess its not this week. Why do they tease us with all these rumors. GRRR

I tend to agree, no announcement, not one commercial nothing not something verizon would do with their Droid line of phones

colesl4w

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
well according to the post on the mainpage about the Incredible 2, that roadmap is out of date. So Who knows when its coming out.

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Since the 7th drop date was a fairly credible rumor, and now for sure its not the 7th, I am really hoping next thursday the 14.

Can you tell I am really, really waiting for the drop date? :D

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
that stinks im still phoneless and im waiting for the charge

In this day and age, I can't believe you have gone this long w/o a phone. My grandma, grandpa, 9 yr old nephew, EVERY single friend/aquaintance have phones.

Heres hoping next week....so you be only one week away from phone :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87