Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

View Poll Results: What are you going to be trading up from?

Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll
  • HTC Android

21 25.61%
  • LG Android

1 1.22%
  • Motorola Android

10 12.20%
  • Nexus Android

1 1.22%
  • Samsung Android

14 17.07%
  • Other Android

0 0%
  • Blackberry

17 20.73%
  • iPhone

4 4.88%
  • Other non-Android

8 9.76%
  • This will be my first smartphone

6 7.32%
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default What phone will you be switching from?

What are you using as you await the Samsung LTE goodness?

Running a fascinate and its a great phone, but I found out recently that my area is going 4g soon. Is the main reason I will switch. Those 4g speeds look insane.

Other secondary reasons:
    Super AMOLED + screen (right up there with the main reason)
    Member of the Samsung fanboy club

TB = Bleh

Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

Im thinking about it. I wanna love this display. Everyone has the Thunderbolt so I figured I would give this one a whirl. Plus, the Thunderbolt seems just like a larger version of my Incredible. ehhh.

Global Posts
    395 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock TouchWiz

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokx View Post
    Rooted HTCDroid Incredible for now..... I can't wait for this beautiful new Samsung !!!

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokx View Post
    Don't laugh...a Samsung Alias 2.

OK, go ahead and laugh.

ROM
    AOKP

Droid incredible rooted really liking this sammy

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    nothing nothing nothing

ROM
    Stock...atm...

Palm Pre+ over-clocked at 1ghz.

Mmmm come on sammy gimme this phone.

I am switching from my Verizon iPhone. I had a samsung epic with Sprint and switched to verizon for the much acclaimed iPhone only to find out that iOS is the worst operating system on Earth. So limited and practically useless. Horrible notifications. And I cant believe that I have to exit an app in order to change the settings for that app. There is just so much wrong with iOS.

Good thing I purchased the buy back program from best buy with my iPhone. So I will get $400 back for my iPhone and put that toward the purchase of the droid Charge. It should cost around $700. So I would have to pay a $300 difference. Which for me is nothing because it will pay off in me getting rid of this iPhone. I can barely afford itm but I hate the iPhone that much.

I loved my samsung epic. Hope this is as good if not better.

ROM
    You Jelly Huh 2.1

Dammit!! It's so funny because I got my Fascinate around end of November of 2010 and here comes the Droid Charge!! I got my Fascinate off contract so I actually still have an upgrade I can use for the Droid Charge, but I think my wife would freakin' kill me!! LMAO
    My Galaxy Note 2 tells me to have a beer! Okay!!!

Thinking about switching from a Samsung on Sprint. So ready for change
    Nexus Lover

Global Posts
    1,268 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP JB Build 4

Thunderbolt! lol, jk
    Follow me on Twitter!

Add me on Google+

Link

Global Posts
    1,596 Global Posts
    ROM
    Teamhacksung's ICS

Quote Originally Posted by SUB-dawg View Post
    Thunderbolt! lol, jk
    Come on, SUB, you know you want to

Global Posts
    5,220 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

Sold my ThunderBolt to ride out the launches and while I have ignored Samsung phones due to lack of OS updates, this time around I may go for it. The code is out, it's rooted, custom ROMs to follow things look good.

Now if Verizon could actually not screw this launch up any further and release it I would be happy.
    Nexus Lover

Global Posts
    1,268 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP JB Build 4

Quote Originally Posted by ls377 View Post
    Come on, SUB, you know you want to
    Never will I buy a Samsung device, unless... It usvthe galaxy s 2.

Sent from my Thunderbolt via Tapatalk
    Follow me on Twitter!

Add me on Google+

Link

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

My thunderbolt is already packed up and ready for exchange i tried to pay them yesterday to take it off my hands but the sales guy said wait till charge comes out to make the exchange simple. Cant wait to get rid of this brick of a phone.
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato

Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    My thunderbolt is already packed up and ready for exchange i tried to pay them yesterday to take it off my hands but the sales guy said wait till charge comes out to make the exchange simple. Cant wait to get rid of this brick of a phone
    I'm right there with you. I cant wait to get rid of this TB.

Just found Droid Anomaly 13 in SA yesterday. I will be coming from a Rooted Droid Eris running Condemned CM7.0.2 V5. Can't wait to get it.

Ah yes I shall be ditching my LG Ally for the Charge.

Hah, I'll be switching from an AT&T Fuze (HTC Raphael) once the price comes down a bit...actually tried the Motorola Atrix 4G and the HTC Inspire 4G, but AT&T is really messing with their customers with mandatory data plan change to tiered 4G contracts and (at least for the moment) crippled HSUPA+ uploads. Not to mention that in my area, AT&T 4G speeds stink!

I am getting rid of my Samsung Omina, I have been out of contract for over 19 months now, and I am finally ready to upgrade, if Verizon will ever release this phone!

Still love my Fascinate but can't wait for the Droid Charge 4G!!!

bought a TB eight days ago to give it a spin, but after coming from a rooted Inc. i am just not impressed. I really want to try the Charge....If it releases during my 14 day window. i thought i would never look at a Samsung after all the problems with updates, but with the code out is making this phone look very good to me. Hopefully VZW starts letting these babies out this week or i am stuck with the TB.

Currently using an old Samsung Omnia i910, rooted and running WinMo 6.5 custom ROM. Unfortunately, you cannot hear the ringer anymore and I've kind of given up trying to figure out why now that the LTE devices are about.

Still haven't decided on whether it will be the Thunderbolt or the Charge. Saw the latter today at a Verizon Store and that screen is AMAZING!! Also shot some video and still shots with it, and was pleasantly happy with those as well.

Will probably decide shortly.

Robert