Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    1,461 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Your official release date 4/28

Press Release

Looks like next week is your lucky week!!

Congrats!!

Global Posts
    379 Global Posts

$299 is crazy.
    Going to stick with the TB on a one-year contract.

ROM
    Stock...atm...

Finally, i will be grabing this next week then. Ive noticed in the past certain phones get a pre-order type or buy online or in store before the release and get it the day it comes out. Wonder if this phone will have that as i do all my phone upgrades online and would love to order ahead of time to get it on release.

ROM
    CNA 3.0/leanKernel 4.2.0

What the heck is up with the rising cost of smartphones? First the TBolt at $249, now the Charge at $299. Is Verizon trying to recoup money from those that still have a NE2 credit? This is crazy, particularly when you see much lower prices on the other networks.

Quote Originally Posted by DolfanCole View Post
    What the heck is up with the rising cost of smartphones? First the TBolt at $249, now the Charge at $299. Is Verizon trying to recoup money from those that still have a NE2 credit? This is crazy, particularly when you see much lower prices on the other networks.
    As with all phones, the price will come down. You can get a Samsung Fascinate now for $99 with a 2 year contract and it's been out less than a year. Besides, I'm willing to wait until all the early adopters discover the Charge's weaknesses before using my $30 NE2 on my first smartphone.

Patience, grasshopper, patience.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    1,461 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Look at the TBolt.... its only been out a month and the full retail price has already dropped from $599 to $569

What would be funny is if the Motorola Bionic came out later this summer with a price of $349 for a 2 year contract on a tiered data plan. If that happened people would be lamenting that a Samsung Charge was "only" $299 with an available unlimited data plan when it was first introduced.

Who knows? Maybe the Charge will be $249 WITH an additional $50 online discount by the time the Bionic makes its appearance.

Finally something official. Was getting bummed with all the rumors.
    I gotta pay full pop so I hope the retail isn't too outrageous.

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by davey11 View Post
    Finally something official. Was getting bummed with all the rumors.
    I gotta pay full pop so I hope the retail isn't too outrageous.
    it will be about 749.00 after taxes
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato

Quote Originally Posted by DolfanCole View Post
    Yeah the dual core g2x on tmo is like $149. Freaking vzw, whats up with that?

Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    it will be about 749.00 after taxes
    I'll probably get it from wirefly or amazon, just to save on tax.

Finally we can get to the business of mods and hacks. I really hope some established developer gets his hands on this phone.
    Plus DX will write up some one click root thing soon...right DX?? *nudge* *wink*
    You ARE getting rid of your TB and getting this right?
    Nexus Lover

Global Posts
    1,268 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP JB Build 4

Quote Originally Posted by socal View Post
    $299 is crazy.
    Going to stick with the TB on a one-year contract.
    verizon killed 1 year contracts.
    Follow me on Twitter!

Add me on Google+

Link

4/28, its not too late!! :P
    Banned

Global Posts
    161 Global Posts

Default Samsung Overcharge

Its histerical how anyone would even consider buying this phone
    - last year's operating system, and given Samsung's rep it won't be updated to 2.3 until 2012 if you're lucky
    - $300 for a single core phone???? A Droid X with 2.3 will give you the same performance and is not $300.
    Guaranteed to be obsolete and known to be overpriced. I can't wait to see all the buyers back here on the forums whining about not getting 2.3

ROM
    CNA 3.0/leanKernel 4.2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Paradocks View Post
    As with all phones, the price will come down. You can get a Samsung Fascinate now for $99 with a 2 year contract and it's been out less than a year. Besides, I'm willing to wait until all the early adopters discover the Charge's weaknesses before using my $30 NE2 on my first smartphone.

Patience, grasshopper, patience.
    About out of patience. Been waiting to upgrade since last August.

Global Posts
    379 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SUB-dawg View Post
    verizon killed 1 year contracts.
    I bought the TB last Friday before that expiration.
    Was hoping that the Charge would come out within 14 days so I could compare the two. Since I'm not a fan of the price, I'm keeping my one-year contract on the TB.

Way too much for old hardware repackaged with LTE. I think verizon is trying to charge us all for those LTE towers. I am glad I got my thunderbolt for 220 but still if it was the same price as thunderbolt then it could be justified, it was hard for me to justify the thunderbolt for 220 as well but 4g unlimited was the selling point for me, but why 299? only thing I can think of is the LTE expansion cost is being passed on to the consumers.

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by davey11 View Post
    Yeah the dual core g2x on tmo is like $149. Freaking vzw, whats up with that?
    im starting to think there is a conspiracy agains samsung
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato