Win a Samsung Droid Charge! @DroidLanding Twitter contest

0pusX

May 27, 2010
Visit site
@DroidLanding twitter account is active again. This time they are giving away 16 Droid Charges.

Check out http://www.chargelanding.com to get rules and a description of the game.

Here are the first 3 tweets from @droidlanding

1: Reactivation protocols initiated. DSC operational. System test complete. Field agents await instructions. @droidlanding

2: DroidLanding Online. Systems Alpha Go. Confidence is high. Visit chargelanding.com #chargelanding

3: Strange anomalies occurring across the U.S. Source unknown. DroidLanding update complete: Launching #chargelanding

Lets get this thread going and keep all the clues in here. It was a blast last time with the Droid X and Droid R2-D2 SE

The_Engine

Super Genius
Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I did it via the website and it spit out some odd code and then you can tweet that.

My code was 0.518 + 0.546i.

Don't look like long and lat as in the x contest.

rugbyua9

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
They give you a magnitude i think. If you use imaginary numbers and some solving, you can form a vector.... just don't know where to go from there.

BobR

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I was wondering if they might be basing it off their estimate of your location. Maybe it's the vector indicating the direction of the phones based on your current location when doing the scan? Note that if you scan multiple times, you get multiple vectors. Probably representing different locations of the 16 phones across the US in 4 zones.

maxx_daddy

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
how did the droid x contest work?

Ok, so i was in on the R2D2, but not the X.
Where were the X's hid, mostly public places? Parking lots? I tried the codes i got last night and used my GPS coordinates from my house (got through Google Maps). I then subtracted or added the numbers to my GPS coordinates and got a new "coordinate". 3 or 4 were very close to one another in Michigan, and a couple were close in Wisconsin. The contest rules said 4 hours. I can't imagine this is super hard to figure out if you only have 4 hours until they take off.
Thoughts??

0pusX

May 27, 2010
Visit site
With the X's they were certificates that were placed in public places, but they were hidden (under a bench, under a seat etc)

0pusX

May 27, 2010
Visit site
4) Field agents reporting in from all sectors. Analysis underway. Initial results posted in 24 hours. Keep scanning. #chargelanding

5) How do you find a Droid Charge hidden in your area? Report to chargelanding for rules and regulations. #chargelanding

6) Video evidence of strange phenomena. Is Droid Charge responsible? Join the investigation. #chargelanding

7) All those willing to track Droid Charge upgraded to field agent status. Report to chargelanding for instructions. #chargelanding.

8) Field agent orders initiated. Step 1: Connect to the tracking system at www.chargelanding.com #chargelanding

9) Field agent orders step 2: Scan your area each day to help locate hidden Droid Charge devices and to enter sweeps. #chargelanding

10) Field agent orders step 3: Report your Droid Charge scans on Twitter and Facebook using the tracking system. #chargelanding

11) Field agent orders step 4: Return to www.chargelanding.com every day to monitor tracking progress.#chargelanding

12) Field agent orders step 5: Zero in on the device in your area. Be the first at the location, find it and it’s yours. #chargelanding

DroidyMcDroid

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
i did the scan maybe 5 or 6 times from the same spot i was standing in just to see what happens to the numbers and they kept going up. my numbers started really low at like 0.7 somethnig and -0.9i something and then got all the way up to the thousands like 6 thousand something and 1 thousand something i. now it says i can't scan anymore today. well this contest was interested for about 30 seconds! :p

maxx_daddy

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
@maxx_daddy
Confirming the numbers go up. Should see if there is a pattern. Driving to stupid Iowa for stupid easter...... with a teething baby.

w00tw00twhat

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I think the whole idea is cool but not for this phone. Its not a highly anticipated phone at all, if anything most people dont even want to look at the thing, cept for the few of us here who already are going to buy it anyways. I already have $450 set aside for this phone so im not really interested in this whole thing. But it'll be cool to watch and see if someone from here can find one.

0pusX

May 27, 2010
Visit site
After the Headaches i got from the R2D2 contest i am not even going to bother lol

The R2D2 contest was ridiculous and thats putting it mildly.

The Droid X one was fairly simple......be in the vicinity when they announced the final GPS coordinates and get there first!!!

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Yea I clicked our area map(NJ) and then got off the map so the google map stayed in the window on the left. Then i just hovered over it and mouse rolled to zoom and it gave me 3 different areas. Some guys house, a parking lot and the woods at the side of the road. Not exactly and area I wana go if I know that area as well as I think I do,lol.