NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know if the Charge has a message indicator light? I don't like using NoLED on my Fascinate, and just wondering if Samsung is staying with this trend of not using an LED. From the pics it doesn't look like it has one.

btw, the name "Charge" is not good for Googling. I tried search "droid charge led", or even "samaung droid charge led" and all you get is a bunch of results for charging your phone.

CR4V3

Neighborhood IT Pro
Jul 11, 2009
Visit site
I highly doubt it, Samsung doesn't seem to like them so they don't put them on the phones. I too would love a notification light, I'm used to them from Blackberries and Motorola Droids.

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I got used to not having the light, but if I'm in a meeting or something it's so much easier to just glance at my phone to see if I have a message. I don't know what the deal is though with them not adding a light.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
After having it on the TB i realize it was kind of useless, i would take Noled over it any day.

To bad using Noled on a regular device keeps the screen on and kills your battery in no time. Would have loved to use it on the TB. But look forward to using it on the charge

Eyephone

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I totally overlooked this spec. I am looking forward to replacing my Droid X with a Charge, and honestly, I am not sure if I am going to be able to adapt to the lack of a LED. I run a business and the visual notification had been a huge asset. I really don't like the idea of an app running that keeps your screen on for notifications......:-\

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I totally overlooked this spec. I am looking forward to replacing my Droid X with a Charge, and honestly, I am not sure if I am going to be able to adapt to the lack of a LED. I run a business and the visual notification had been a huge asset. I really don't like the idea of an app running that keeps your screen on for notifications......:-\

On an OLED screen only the illuminated pixels are active everything else is off. On a normal screen the whole thing stays on because it requires a back light and filters ...etc

An OLED screen is an LED so power consumption is the same if not less than an LED light. I work on the team that designs the molecules and structures for this technology

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Eyephone

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Thanks! I learned something useful today. I feel better about using a 3rd party app now for notifications.

Now can we please get a release date?!!

czm2000

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
In one of these close up shots there are 3 little sensor ereas on the right side. I assume one is the proximity sensor, one an ambient light sensor, and that leaves a 3rd. I'm hoping its an LED indicator.

I actually returned my Fascinate specifically because it didn't have the LED Notifier. I thought it was silly too and thought no big deal. But once I got the phone I found out very quickly how often I used it.

I'm in a lot of meetings and at my company its considered rude to keep checking your phone. So to have the LED light is very valuable. Plus I found that I leave my phone sitting around a lot, desk, coffee table, etc. I never realized how much I glanced at it to see if I missed something if i walked away until I didn't have it.

Sent from my DROIDX

brpost

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
On an OLED screen only the illuminated pixels are active everything else is off. On a normal screen the whole thing stays on because it requires a back light and filters ...etc

An OLED screen is an LED so power consumption is the same if not less than an LED light. I work on the team that designs the molecules and structures for this technology

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

That helps me a great deal in making my decision. Like others, I was very hesitant to try a phone without an LED indicator- gotten too used to it on my Blackberry. Your explanation above, coupled with your mention of the NoLED app makes me feel much better about going the Charge route.

Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance