Droid Charge system dump, wallpapers, ringtones

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
I just digged through the whole sys dump and couldn't find the bootanimation. Could some please upload it. TIA

That's what I would like to see also... That boot screen would look good on DROID X.

Looks like the boot animation is /system/media/bootsamsung.qmg

Too bad, cause that's a closed source file type and there are no viewers/editors for it.

ilhe1s

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Looks like the boot animation is /system/media/bootsamsung.qmg

Too bad, cause that's a closed source file type and there are no viewers/editors for it.

I seen that file too and tried to rename it with a .zip but didn't work. Oh well hope someone get's it.

imnuts

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
You may be able to get it work on other devices by changing the kernel and adding the appropriate lines to the init.rc, then putting the binary from the DROID Charge and the bootsamsung.qmg file in the proper places in your ROM. You'd want to replace the following in the init.rc file
Code:
service bootanim /system/bin/bootanimation
 user graphics
 group graphics
 disabled
 oneshot
with
Code:
service samsungani /system/bin/samsungani
 user graphics
 group graphics
 disabled
 oneshot

Then take the samsungani binary and put it in /system/bin and the bootsamsung.qmg file in /system/media and it may work, but who knows.

mxracer9111

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Can someone post a link where i can get a mp3 verison for Sonic from the DROID Charge stock ringtone. My girlfriend just got the Charge for free and I love that ringtone. I want it on my Razr. Thank you!!!!!!:)

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc