For those of us switching from the TB, do we still use the same sim?

flashpiti

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
So if I buy a charge for retail pricing tomorrow, do I just need to insert my sim and I'm up and running or do I need to call VZW? Thanks!

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
It depends. They will probably require a new SIM because Verizon's systems require that they scan the SIM id into their system. If you explain to them that you don't need to give you a new one, they might just let you swap them.

dragon718

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
As long as you are keeping the same number, the yes just swap out the similar card. It works just like a GSM carrier.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

nerdydesi

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
You just need to take your sim card and place it into the Charge and that's it. :D

I work at VZW, and was helping a customer with his Pantech 4G modem. While I had that modem in my possession after the call, I curiously swapped sim cards from my Thunderbolt to the Pantech and vice versa.

After a minute max, I logged onto my online Verizon Wireless account and saw my current device was that USB modem and when I plugged the modem to a laptop and launched VZ Access Manager, it showed my phone number. So the activation is all done automatically over the air, nothing manual is needed. Very slick and nice IMO. :)

Also, you get unlimited data taking a sim card from your phone to a USB modem or mifi, as long as you stay on your plan as you did on the phone, even if your minutes go to waste, at least your data is unlimited (or at least the cap is larger than the highest cap available for USB, which is $80/10gb currently).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon